Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

Yeah, Wolves doesn't strike me as something that would every tickle Jose's fancy. He's not arsed in the slightest about being responsible for their rise up the table, he'll be the cunt who plonks himself as their manager if they ever establish themselves as proper competition. Unless he's got a proper shot at winning something in his first season somewhere, he's not going to be arsed.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Briefcase said:

He may not officially have that level of control but has a much bigger say in things than you realise, especially when there is money involved.

You are talking absolute drivel, there is no evidence to suggest Mendes has any 'power' at Wolves whatsoever, you've fallen for the archaic media spun rhetoric.

Name one player that has been forced upon Wolves for the benefit of Mendes.

You're also forgetting that Gestifute is 30% owned by a Fosun subsidiary.

At this moment in time, I would take Nuno over Mourinho, and in fact I would never want Mourinho at the club. I honestly feel he's lost it. He needs a few years away from the game to recharge or something, maybe the Portugal international job would be a good fit for him? Nuno has started something at Molineux, he's made fans believe again, and his football philosophy is wonderful, almost as great as his demeanor, but obviously nowhere near as fab as his beard.

Edited by Teedy Kay

• Paid Members

I can't tell you how pleased I am with that result. It could have been so different if Lukaku hadn't missed that open goal. But he did. I've said since we signed him that once Lucas Moura had a full preseason with Poch, he'd become one of our top players. He's really good.

Who needs new signings when your team can bang Manchester United 0-3 at Old Trafford without them?

Spurs were there for the taking in the first half. That was as poor as I've seen us play for a long time. Flat, nervous, indecisive, gave the ball away a lot...

Second half, Spurs weren't even that good, and ran away with it. Lucas Moura, what an effort. I was genuinely concerned he didn't have the ~WORKRATE~ for our system, but he proved me wrong tonight. Outstanding. Vertonghen and Alderweireld? Outstanding. United should've shifted the earth for Toby in the summer.

Poch is among other things (including a cuck according to @PunkStep :) ), a stubborn fucker, but his man management tonight was superb. Rose made a mistake, and Poch immediately pulls him over and puts his arm around him. Superb, same in the second half with Dele, Dembele, Kane and Lucas. He hasn't bitched and moaned about not signing anyone. If anything, (and no one knows what the story is and maybe I am drinking the Kool Aid), he sees it as his biggest challenge yet. Compare that to his opposite number tonight...

United are...fucked. The manager is so far behind what football is now, it's frightening, and to think Alli missed three decent chances, and Kane missed a sitter.

• Paid Members

Well I said before the game that United could be humbled, and humbled they were. Jose is poison for that club. I cannot see how he can turn it around to the degree that they need him to. The players don't want to play for him, and who the fuck can blame them?

He's steered the ship, they should've thanked him and wished him well on his future endeavours at the end of the season and brought in somebody fresh.

2 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Well I said before the game that United could be humbled, and humbled they were. Jose is poison for that club. I cannot see how he can turn it around to the degree that they need him to. The players don't want to play for him, and who the fuck can blame them?

He's steered the ship, they should've thanked him and wished him well on his future endeavours at the end of the season and brought in somebody fresh.

Only thing I can think of is there is a heavy pay off. That, and who there is available.

• Paid Members

His post match comments says it all, really: "We didn't lose tactically, we didn't lose strategically but we lost the game."

Yeah, right, Jose.

Also, Bacon, the issue with Lucas was he came to us from PSG lacking match fitness. As did Aurier. I think both will end up great for us. Yes, even Serge!

Edited by SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

Jose going over to applaud the fans and picking up the scarf and all that was very strange. First of all, what are they applauding? The fans? Second, it seemed kinda like a goodbye, maybe?

His heads gone a bit if you ask me...

"Wow. Jose Mourinho just had a meltdown: "What was the score? 3-0. That is three. How many Premier League titles I've won. Three. That is more than the other 19 managers put together." Then demands: "Respect. Respect" as he storms out."

Edited by SpursRiot2012

18 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Only thing I can think of is there is a heavy pay off. That, and who there is available.

Well if United knew what they were doing and had a cohesive unit working together behind the scenes with short and long term goals then Poch would never have signed his new deal and he'd be United manager already.

The similarities between  Liverpool and United when Liverpool lost their invincible aura at the start of the 90's is shocking. I always knew they'd struggle after Ferg but they are handling everything so poorly. Yet a couple of right appointments and that squad is dynamite.

• Paid Members

United players worked their socks off tonight, fought to the final whistle. Played at a great tempo, in the first half in particular. I'm definitely not buying that they aren't playing for the manager. I think we were pretty unlucky tonight, to be honest. Should have been ahead at half time and the game would have been different if that was the case. Credit to Spurs for taking their chances, it was the quick succession of the goals that did for us, just as it did in the Brighton game.

Mourinho recognises that the media treatment is ridiculous and not representative of the views of most real supporters (ie not the social media millions). The fans in the stadium tonight were singing his name before and after the final whistle. There was no chorus of boos at the end as you might expect if we were in a genuine crisis situation. Jose was applauding them for that and trying to build on that 'them and us' mentality, which it seems we are going to need this season. I wouldn't read more into it than that.

• Paid Members

Definitely in the first half United were well on top and, as I said, if Lukaku had buried that chance, I imagine United would have gone on to win by two or three. Then again, we should have had a first half penalty. So much of football is about momentum. I wasn't comfortable at all at 0-2. There was half an hour left and United have a team that is more than capable of scoring three goals in that period of time. The third goal killed the game, but the United players were still playing at a high tempo deep into injury time.

This game tonight was about slim margins and a little bit of luck. In past seasons, all of that would have gone in United's favour. Today, it went for us. I personally think United need rid of Jose, but I'm not a United fan and if the fans want him to stay, and will be patient if this season starts off slowly, good for them. Managers get turfed out too quickly in this league after a run of bad results.

• Paid Members

They certainly put in more of a shift today Arch, but did they look like they were playing for the manager last weekend? What's even more worrying is that despite playing MUCH better than the Brighton (and arguably the Leicester) game, they still lost 3-0. At home. What Jose has been bloody good at over the years is getting results, he's a winner.

I've just watched the video of him storming out of the presser. When you start reminding people how many more trophies you've won than the others it's not a good sign. He's starting to lose it again.