Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
34 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

A Johan Cruyff testimonial if you will! Keith will fucking hate it.

That's true, I've not seen my driving instructor once since I passed either.

35 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

'Settle'? David, we're talking about perhaps the two most celebrated pure footballing clubs of all-time! A Johan Cruyff testimonial if you will!

Yeah, I guess so. I would just have loved to see Barcelona play Liverpool in the final is all. But still, this'll do.

Just a question for Man Utd fans. I was listening to some pundit somewhere (great source I know), and he said that United played a lot better then Pogba was pushed forward to the number 10 position.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the upturn in form after Ole's appointment was based on Pogba playing behind Rashford, so why did he change it? Pogba has played deeper a lot and Rashford out wide.

Is it just injuries? I know that Matic and Herrera have been in and out. But surely, you must use Pogba to the best of his ability and not sacrifice that to play a different system. The same goes for Rashford and Lukaku. Rashford scored 6 in 7 or something daft, suddenly he's playing out wide to accommodate Lukaku.

The reason I'm asking is that my Fantasy Football Mini League is ridiculously close, and i want Pogba and Rashford in for the Huddersfield and Cardiff games. But not if they're deep or out wide.

Many thanks.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Max Power said:

Just a question for Man Utd fans. I was listening to some pundit somewhere (great source I know), and he said that United played a lot better then Pogba was pushed forward to the number 10 position.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the upturn in form after Ole's appointment was based on Pogba playing behind Rashford, so why did he change it? Pogba has played deeper a lot and Rashford out wide.

Is it just injuries? I know that Matic and Herrera have been in and out. But surely, you must use Pogba to the best of his ability and not sacrifice that to play a different system. The same goes for Rashford and Lukaku. Rashford scored 6 in 7 or something daft, suddenly he's playing out wide to accommodate Lukaku.

The reason I'm asking is that my Fantasy Football Mini League is ridiculously close, and i want Pogba and Rashford in for the Huddersfield and Cardiff games. But not if they're deep or out wide.

Many thanks.

Rashford doesn't look 100% fit in past few games so be careful. 

Maybe because they were tough games but the last two Pogba played as a pretty typical midfielder in a 3. Obviously, the most creative of the 3. Maybe they will let him have more freedom in the next two games but if Lingard starts he tends to occupy a lot of that area. 

• Paid Members

Desperately need a striker. You don't get promoted depending only on a solid defence and 1-0 wins.

That disallowed goal for a "foul" on the goalkeeper was bollocks though.

Edited by garynysmon

• Moderators

Hit the bar twice off the line twice. Tge ref was poor but he wasnt the worst ive seen this season here. 

Anyway. We start again. 

Edited by PowerButchi

On 5/1/2019 at 11:18 PM, Keith Houchen said:

Whenever one club do something, some fans of their biggest rivals talk about it more than they do about their own club.  Fancy hating a club more than you love your own.

And on that note...

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/latest-owls-news/sheffield-united-fans-reveal-the-plane-banner-message-that-will-fly-over-hillsborough-1-9745039

The positive coming out of this is that a Wednesday fan set up a Gofundme for St. Luke's Hospice to match the £780 the plane/banner cost, which has now raised in excess of £5000 from both sides of the city.

Plane banner wankers need their hard drives looking at.

Yeah you're right about it becoming a positive though.  It reminds me of something I find funny/bizarre in fandom and that's when a footballer or someone specifically connected to a club has a tragedy happen.  They send their best wishes etc and state which club they support.  Because that makes all the difference, doesn't it, well done on not being a massive twat to a grieving family because your rival has had a player die. I'm starting to apply it to everything in life, such as Facebook.

(Facebook friend) "Just to let you know Phil has been taken back into hospital".  

(Me) "Sorry to hear that, best wishes from a Coventry City fan"

1 minute ago, SuperBacon said:

It’s the weirdest thing ever. 

They're also the ones who pat themselves on the back for a "Beautifully observed minutes silence".  Hurrah!!  We didn't mock the dead!  Aren't we the best fans in the world!