Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Man United fans emabarassing themselves across the nation. At least pretend not to give a fuck who wins because you're more concerned with your own team. Have sone dignity for christs sake. 

I think for many it's some sort of cathartic release. This season has gone so badly for them, "they'd much rather concentrate on their proper biggest rivals bottling it than the ones who bought themselves into contention."

Quote I overheard in the pub Saturday. 

• Paid Members

Really enjoyed the game last night. As Newcastle did on Saturday, Leicester came out with great credit for going in and working so hard when there was nothing much riding on it for them. They were superb off the ball. The work they put in to getting back into shape, getting behind the ball, killing the space in midfield and doubling up out wide was very impressive. They were a great threat in the opening quarter too but struggled to hold onto the ball after that. If they had, they could have gone and won it. I'm a huge fan of Maddison, mainly because I saw him when he was about 17 and want him to be as good as I told everyone he would be, but he made some poor decisions in the second half and was guilty of trying stuff instead of getting hold of the ball. He'll learn from it and needs to if he's going to bea really top level.

I don't particularly care who wins anything. Every set of fans, particularly the most visible ones on social media, are a bunch of wankers so I don't enjoy anyone's failure over anyone elses. However, I don't like anyone who wins all the time - whatever the sport. It's dull. I've enjoyed the last few years with Chelsea winning quite unexpectedly and Leicester spectacularly against the odds. City racking up 100 and then 98 points is dull. We're fortunate Liverpool have been great or it would have been another boring procession.

2 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

I'm a huge fan of Maddison, mainly because I saw him when he was about 17

Yeah, we pretty much knew he'd be moving on from Cov pretty soon after he broke into the team.  It's nothing to do with him as a footballer but he's a right arsehole off the pitch.  One of those "Do you know who I am, my shoes cost more than you make in a month" kind of pricks.

• Paid Members
46 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Yeah, we pretty much knew he'd be moving on from Cov pretty soon after he broke into the team.  It's nothing to do with him as a footballer but he's a right arsehole off the pitch.  One of those "Do you know who I am, my shoes cost more than you make in a month" kind of pricks.

Don't judge a book by its cover and all that but he just looks like that doesn't he?

• Paid Members

Chelsea are flying out to America to play a friendly next Wednesday. Just what the team needs after a sixty-odd game season that might not even be finished yet!

It's for charity, but fuck charity tbh, it's May! We could cure anti-semitism perfectly well in late July!

• Paid Members

So, a "Liverpool fan" has called TalkSport and said he thinks they should still get a trophy "even if they finish second". Can't decide if it was a wind up or one of the the most desperate things I've heard in many a year(the other being a Sunderland fan on their forums saying he thinks they should petition the EFL to get them promoted over both Luton and Barnsley, as they get bigger crowds).

What do we think?

https://talksport.com/football/538772/liverpool-fan-talksport-premier-league-manchester-city/

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Well then Spurs should’ve got a “putting the pressure on LOLZ” trophy the other year. Fairs fair.

I imagine you got a DVD, to be fair, so that's something.   

• Paid Members

"And here in the trophy cabinet is a celebratory wedge of brie to represent the largest home attendance for an English club in the Champions League. Daniel was most delighted with that one"

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

The best selling format for those end of year Hull compilations.  All they need now is electricity.

Dean Windass + manual treadmill + custard slice.