Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

7 minutes ago, David said:

I've only seen quotes online and not the actual interview, but apparently the Ajax manager Erik Ten Hag was asked if he felt they would have an advantage tonight due to being given the weekend off, and his reply was "It’s unfair that we have more rest? We play in the Eredivisie where we get €10m from TV rights."

"They play in the Premier League where they get £200m. So you tell me what’s fair?"

If that's legit, then very well played that man.

That only counts if you actually spend money...

1 minute ago, SuperBacon said:

That only counts if you actually spend money...

Could you imagine if the reporter he was talking to answered with that? It would have been one of the finest exchanges in football press conference history.

• Paid Members

WE ARE GOING UP, SAY WE ARE GOING UP!

Sorry about the "shouting", but I can't describe how much I am buzzing at the minute. I've just sat and watched Pompy vs Peterborough, and The Posh's win, coupled with Sunderland losing to Fleetwood means that Barnsley have bounced back to the Championship at the first attempt! YOU REDS!

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Ajax can only dream of being able to afford a cheese room.

This post matured. AMIRITE

We are apparently linked with van de Beek. I bet we're not anymore as that goal has probably whacked his value up.

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Steve Justice said:

PartridgeShrug.gif

League 1 may as well be the SPL. 

What a twatty post.

Well done to Luton, Barnsley and Bury. Luton particularly were thrown to the Wolves by the shitbags of the EFL and it's been a hard road back. Well done. 

20 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

This post matured. AMIRITE

We are apparently linked with van de Beek. I bet we're not anymore as that goal has probably whacked his value up.

De Ligt is the one. He was outstanding tonight. Someone (Barcelona probably) will be getting one hell of  player. Disappointing night and truly scary seeing what happened to Vertonghen but pints of Neck Oil made it better. Pissed there's no cheese room though.

Oh, and @PunkStep your avatar....are you now going by the Twitter name @LacaXhakaBoom69 as well :)

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

De Ligt is the one. He was outstanding tonight. Someone (Barcelona probably) will be getting one hell of  player. Disappointing night and truly scary seeing what happened to Vertonghen but pints of Neck Oil made it better. Pissed there's no cheese room though.

Oh, and @PunkStep your avatar....are you now going by the Twitter name @LacaXhakaBoom69 as well :)

De Ligt and De Jong having the spotlight shone on them is exactly why we were looking at van de Beek, probably thought we could get a £20m bargain on an unsung player. Doubtful now.

Do you like it? I'm now into year 13 of Belletti jibes from my Spurs fan mates so I'm rinsing this.

Serious question- is Dele Alli regressing? His influence on the game seems to have waned over the past year or so.

Don’t know about regressing, but he looks fucking knackered. What you always notice about him when you see him in the flesh (ooo eer) is just how good his movement off the ball and his sense of position are, that was missing massively tonight. He just looked bollocksed. Not that he didn’t want to make the effort, just that he couldn’t. 

Been a stop/start season for him. Maybe he never recovered from the injury at the World Cup, I have no idea.