Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Michael Owen was asked who he thinks will be in the Champions League final this morning. He said "Barca and ... hmmmm .... Liverpool."

No wonder he lost so much money gambling, I'd have certainly fleeced him for a few grand with that level of stupidity! 

Edited by Teedy Kay

5 minutes ago, KJHenley said:

The title race is pretty much over, we all know it. But imagine if Brendan does the job for Liverpool on Monday. Absolute scenes.

Brendan doing the job on Monday is bad news for Liverpool, surely 

Well that was an eventful day. 

From the missus having to go for a walk to calm down before she gave me a dig after Notts losing their league status and according to some of their fans their history and identity. To our game and the little fella crying  because Bobby Firmino wasn't playing to the end of that game, Salah hurt and then Divock Origi, it's been eventful in our household today. 

Even though I do dislike a number of Notts fans they haven't half been fucked over by Alan Hardy. I went to the first game after he took over against Mansfield and as well as there being free pies there was genuinely a lot of optimism with Kevin Nolan in charge. Even after Coventry well and truly outclassed them (and somewhere Keith has already got wind of the Cov praise) there was the thought that with some decent signings Notts could be in for a chance of promotion. 

After not giving Nolan enough time really after a poor league start and bringing in Harry Kewell for a disastrous short period to now. Being sent down by loose former player and occasional loony Sol Campbell, who fair play to him did an amazing job with Macclesfield.

The oldest league club gone with a whimper leaving Stoke and Forest squabbling over who the oldest Football League club is and all because of a egotistical chairman who likes to tweet pictures of his cock and who may still end up owning the club because even though he wants to sell it seems he is being all Mike Ashley over it. 

Edited by stevieg1980

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Teedy Kay said:

No wonder he lost so much money gambling, I'd have certainly fleeced him for a few grand with that level of stupidity! 

Hooefully he's better than this... 

Screenshot_20190504-224317.png

• Moderators
4 hours ago, stevieg1980 said:

Well that was an eventful day. 

From the missus having to go for a walk to calm down before she gave me a dig after Notts losing their league status and according to some of their fans their history and identity. To our game and the little fella crying  because Bobby Firmino wasn't playing to the end of that game, Salah hurt and then Divock Origi, it's been eventful in our household today. 

Even though I do dislike a number of Notts fans they haven't half been fucked over by Alan Hardy. I went to the first game after he took over against Mansfield and as well as there being free pies there was genuinely a lot of optimism with Kevin Nolan in charge. Even after Coventry well and truly outclassed them (and somewhere Keith has already got wind of the Cov praise) there was the thought that with some decent signings Notts could be in for a chance of promotion. 

After not giving Nolan enough time really after a poor league start and bringing in Harry Kewell for a disastrous short period to now. Being sent down by loose former player and occasional loony Sol Campbell, who fair play to him did an amazing job with Macclesfield.

The oldest league club gone with a whimper leaving Stoke and Forest squabbling over who the oldest Football League club is and all because of a egotistical chairman who likes to tweet pictures of his cock and who may still end up owning the club because even though he wants to sell it seems he is being all Mike Ashley over it. 

Welcome to National League hell.

• Paid Members

I was at the Swindon vs Notts game and the Notts support was tremendous. Most away Swindon have had in this year (understandably) and the first time they've bothered to open up the extra away stand the 6 or so games I've been to this season.

Hell of a game to be at as well. Really did seem like they would defy the odds and stay up for a half hour or so before Swindon decided to play some football at about 50 minutes.

• Paid Members

Well I'm glad our seasons over with. I'm just hoping now we are not too doomed in League One. I smell consecutive relegations with the points deductions that will be happening after the fixture cancellation and likely administration. If that's what it take to get us out of debt so be it. I just genuinely hope it's not happening with Bassini. If there's any less professional sounding Chairman I want to know. He sounds like he is being taken for a ride a doesn't realise it. I can smell the potential fleecing that other Chairmen could do the the guy. I can guess where it all went wrong for him at Watford, any Hornets fans feel free to please clue me up. Jim White has in in knots with this interview he willingly gave to talk sport the other day. He chance at buying the club is over, he just doesn't seem to realise it and let go. Like a love struck puppy at the end of a relationship when she's cheating constantly but he doesn't realise it despite how ridiculous the excuse gets.

What's with all the right's by the way. Could be turned into a drinking game, like with the Roxanne song.

https://mobile.twitter.com/talkSPORT/status/1124245054657314823?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1124245054657314823&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fthe-wanderer.co.uk%2Fboards%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ft%3D26955%26start%3D280

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Sir Colin from Cardiff said:

I just genuinely hope it's not happening with Bassini. If there's any less professional sounding Chairman I want to know.

Your current chairman?

• Paid Members

Not as far as I can tell. If the Europa winners have already qualified via their domestic league, their automatic spot passes on to "third-placed team of the fifth-ranked association" which at the moment is France. (Similarly, if the Champions League winners have already qualified via the league, their spot goes to the Austrian champions.)

More widely, the general principle now is that you never get a European place as a result of losing a cup final.

Edited by JNLister

• Paid Members

Fair play Don Maurizio. I'd wrote us off in February, happy to be wrong! Still have concerns and LOL at the standard of the top four race, but the proof is in the doll/pudding, we've improved on last year, I'm happy, will be delighted if we can win the Europa as well.

Let's see if Sarri having a proper pre-season and a few new faces (even if it just ends up being Pulisic, Abraham etc) can get us closer to playing how we should. I've always considered the dreaded "Thursday/Sunday schedule" to be a crap excuse for under-performing teams, but we'll find out if there's anything in that, too.