Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

I'm travel-fucked after getting up at 2:30 for the 5am trip to Hull for BCFC's last game with the (Steiner un-verified) 3.5% chance of finishing 6th up for grabs.

Losing our best defender Adam Webster in the 2nd minute due to a hamstring tweak set the stage for bitter disappointment, with Derby and Boro slowly grinding out their wins. Hull went 1-0 up early in the second half and FINALLY, FUCKING FINALLY AFTER AN ENTIRE OF SEASON OF PLAYING HIM FOR 90 MINUTES EVERY WEEK COME HELL OR HIGH WATER Lee Johnson substitutes Famara Diedhiou (heading the ball out of the opposition goal while over the line himself not withstanding) leaving Andi Weimann and Kasey Palmer up front. 

Already in a foul mood with the situation looking bleak Niclas Eliasson levels the game, but not before the ball bounces off his arm. The Lino doesn't say shit and the ref then stops the game and consults with Lino before overturning the goal. Sans VAR. We weren't best pleased.

In stoppage time Josh Brownhill - onside - shoots through the offside Matty Taylor splitting his legs, said Lino immediately raises his flag... before the ref comes over to talk to Lino, then awards the goal. Even with Boro and Derby comfortably won we had a go for the win but to no avail. 1-1 FT.

A very strange game devoid of any real quality for the most part aside from Hull's wonderful strike from a shit side-pass by the otherwise capable Lloyd Kelly (filling in for Webster); afterwards Tomas Kalas - who may be gone along with Jay Dasilva and Webster - lead the applause and throwing-kit-into-the-crowd tomfoolery.

Football, eh?

Edited by seph

I’m slightly worried....when LFC win the UCL and EPL, then if Chelsea or Arsenal win the Egg Cup, can Man Utd still qualify for the UCL by finishing 6th? I know Ole is at the wheel and all that but i need Man Utd in the Egg Cup next season just for personal satisfaction of them playing in Russia on a Thursday then getting beat by  Norwich on a Sunday. I know Mr Walker and Goss feel the same.

Allan McGregor was an idiot for Rangers today and had a kick at an opponent. This led to this strange turn of events. 

Someone has also already edited Ross McCrories Wiki page:

Screenshot-20190505-215233-com-android-c

Edited by Divorced Dad

• Paid Members

My god, I can't take this. Aaron Ramsey talking to Sky after saying goodbye to the home fans.

We're fucking dicks. Does the below sound like a player that wants to leave the club? No. He should be our captain, our leader. Said it at the start of the Emery reign. He's been a fringe player this season as Emery clearly didn't want to rely on an outgoing player, yet he's still been one of our best this season. We'd be mixing it up with the Wolves and Watfords without him. This is a very bad decision from the club.

That McCrorie thing is fascinating and hilarious. Imagine family dinners after that? 'Oh Robbie, how many first team clean sheets have you had for the club so far? You know, since you're an actual goalkeeper? After all, I've had one!'. The ultimate wind up. 

1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

This is a very bad decision from the club.

I'm slightly removed from the situation, but hasn't it essentially all stemmed from Ozil's new contract as well as Aubameyang being signed? From what I gather, those two contracts especially expanded the wage bill to a point where they couldn't offer Ramsey anything close to what he can get elsewhere, so he was allowed to run his contract down as a result.

Sad to see him so upset. Of course it's easy to cynically say 'that £400,000 p/w at Juve might make him feel better', but that doesn't erase the last eleven years of his life. He left his home town club to go to Arsenal and has been through so much. Like you say, it's a real shame this is what it's come to.

Edited by Daaaaaad!

• Paid Members

I think the new regime weren't in control when we gave Ozil his new contract in January and supposedly wished he wasn't signed to a long-term deal on such a high salary (hence the attempts to unsettle him during this season in hope he wanted out- which failed).

As soon as Ozil had signed the deal and Ramsey was discussing a new contract, naturally he saw Ozil's salary and wanted an increase in line with this. I don't think he wanted the same (or even remotely close) to Ozil's money, but a significant increase seeing as the Ozil deal had seemingly set a precedent- or so they thought. Initially, the club were happy to give him the money he asked for and verbally agreed a deal. When it came to revisiting after the summer and making it official, the new regime went cold and retracted the verbally agreed offer. Comments from Ramsey's agency alluded to the club putting an end to talks and that Ramsey was keen to stay.

Fuck knows how we replace him and what we do to improve the squad over the summer. Recent signings have largely been a success (Leno, Sokratis, Torreira have all been excellent- Guendouzi has been an impressive teenager but one that has played far too many games at this stage), although Sven Mislintat was credited with those signings and he's gone. Our first signing supposedly without him in charge was the disastrous loan signing of Denis Suarez, so I'm not confident.

For all the numerous disappointments that come with being an Arsenal fan these days, the one that makes me most consistently sad at the moment is our fans' refusal to embrace the 'Mah Nà Mah Nà' song for Aubameyang. We've always been one of the worst clubs in football when it comes to songs, we finally get gifted this great one - one that, by its nature, could help defuse some of the aggro, macho vibe around the place - and we throw it away. The true tragedy of the era.

• Moderators

Spurs are shocking for dpngs too. Whenever I watch them on telly all I can heqr usbthat fucking when the spurs go marchijg in and bugger all ekse song wise. 

• Paid Members

Bloody horrible feeling cheering City on as a United fan. Yes I celebrated that Kompany cracker. It's all about the bigger picture though. Anyone But Liverpool 

Edited by Murtz

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Murtz said:

Bloody horrible feeling cheering City on as a United fan. Yes I celebrated that Kompany cracker. It's all about the bigger picture though. Anyone But Liverpool 

It is, but if Gary Neville can get away with doing it on live commentary, then we can all feel somewhat validated for doing it in the privacy of our living rooms.