MLW announce new TV Deal

CliveG

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

You'd have thought somebody who has the nerve to call themselves the King of Strong Style would have offence that doesn't look even pisser weaker than Booker T or Dolph Ziggler. He couldn't even have really good matches with AJ Styles. He's been absolute shite.

No denying that he's been crap in WWE. Bar his incredible debut against Sami Zayn, his matches have been lackluster. WWE is clearly a money move for him and fair play. Whether he still lives up to the 'King Of Strong Style' name or not in WWE is certainly another fair point as he's clearly toned it all down and he seems happy enough raking in the dosh whilst not killing himself on a monthly basis. I'm sure he loves not having to go through a massively grueling and punishing tournament every summer as well.

But as @tiger_rickpointed out, he pre-WWE work is genuinely brilliant. No one chats about Albert's/Giant fucking Bernard's matches in New Japan, but everyone waxes lyrical about Nak's battles against the likes of Ibushi, Okada and Tanahashi (even his one match against Styles before signing with WWE). 

So aye, he's a bit shite now but was legitimately one of the best in the world.

On 4/20/2018 at 11:22 PM, CTXRussomark said:

Just watched the match on YouTube - yeah Schiavone was really, really good (the other guy too, to be fair). I haven't watched any of the new MLW before but I assumed his announcing would be a bit tongue in cheek in line with his podcast gimmick, but clearly not. 

On a side note I was really impressed with the overall presentation. The whole thing looked really professional and well produced. Was my first time seeing both Riddle and Strickland. Riddle definitely has something about him - was really impressed with him. Strickland less so, but he was fine. Was super pissed off at Riddle immediately no-selling that arm spot at the end though - I thought that looked incredible even if Strickland couldn't have made his clapping any more obvious. 

Don't know a whole lot about MLW V2 but I believe Schiavone's co commentator is the former NXT announcer Rich Brennan or Rich Bocchini as he's known there. 

49 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

The MLW:Fusion Episodes that have started airing on Freesports, are they up to date, or are they old episodes? Wouldn’t mind giving the promotion a go, but would rather jump in where they are now rather than play catch up

Current episodes.

• Paid Members

Just watching a bit of this on FreeSports, first time I've checked it out. Fuck me, the production values are dogshit. Is it really so difficult in 2019 with all the tech and industry talent available nowadays to put together a title sequence that doesn't look and sound the same as it would have done on public access TV in 1999?

• 2 weeks later...

A nothing show this week, shame as it's been fun recently too. Jacob Fatu vs Barrington should have been a great big bastard brawl but was over far too quick with an awfully weak looking finish.

El Gringo Loco should never be in a main event, ever. And midget vs rocker that even I could probably batter was awful, you can hear Jim laugh as it finishes.

The highlight was Teddy's promo and Davey Jr corpsing hard.

Edited by Merzbow

• 3 months later...