MLW announce new TV Deal

CliveG

I’ve been impressed with how the shows have been put together and even with some of its craziness (see Darby Allin, Callihan, Joey Janela, et al), it can just about get away with its sports presentation. Only just, though. 

Certainly interested in what happens next . They seem to be getting paid for the show - Be in Sports  has sister channels operating elsewhere who could potentially carry it , and with the podcast business they could push the TV show to the Fans - And one hour a week doesn't have as much costs involved as other promotions . Good luck to them

• 3 weeks later...

Just watched the match on YouTube - yeah Schiavone was really, really good (the other guy too, to be fair). I haven't watched any of the new MLW before but I assumed his announcing would be a bit tongue in cheek in line with his podcast gimmick, but clearly not. 

On a side note I was really impressed with the overall presentation. The whole thing looked really professional and well produced. Was my first time seeing both Riddle and Strickland. Riddle definitely has something about him - was really impressed with him. Strickland less so, but he was fine. Was super pissed off at Riddle immediately no-selling that arm spot at the end though - I thought that looked incredible even if Strickland couldn't have made his clapping any more obvious. 

• Paid Members

I watched it on Youtube too. I thought it was an enjoyable match to a point and very well produced and presented. Schiavone was outstanding. He's got an incredible voice for calling big-time wrestling. Probably the last one left. He made this feel momentous and not in the way he tried to salvage everything in a dying WCW less and less credibly.

Really like Riddle. He's got a great look, some different work and exues convidence. Strickland looks and works like a million other guys. The match devolved into a big move/finisher cycle that didn't do a lot for me but popped the crowd and did add to the drama.

• Paid Members

I'd not rule out Tony going into the HoF one day, but in terms of coming back to WWE as an announcer I'd imagine he's a little too old, beardy & chubby compared to what they look for in a lead announcer these days.

Edited by Statto
Autocorrect.

1 hour ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

He'd be a great announcer for NXT. Way better than Mauro Ranallo who lives to get himself over.

He talked about being backstage at an NXT show, do they have anyone training future announcers there? I'd assume Cole does a bit of that, he has his fingers in a few backstage pies from what I've read

• Paid Members

Yeah I think that's the case, when....fuck my mind is blank. I was about to name the lead announcer but cannot remember his name. Todd Philips? Tom? Barry Wong? Whatever the fuck his name is, when he got the call to Smackdown I think he thanked Cole, who in turn bigged him up on Twitter- giving the impression he showed him the ropes.