General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
4 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

No matter the individual talent in the England team, they've never anything more than mediocre. How the fuck can this be the case tournament after tournament? 

Hiring managers with all the oomph of my Ford KA is playing no insignificant role. You want a manager you would go to war for. I wouldn't get out of fucking bed to play for England managed by Gareth Southgate.

• Paid Members

They should have given Redknapp the job when they were planning to when he was managing us. 

Redknapp, I think, was the kind of manager who had the potential to man manage a team over the course of a tournament to some success. I don't think he was ever a good long term pick, but for one Euros or whatever? Could have worked. 

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

And D@mm surely if anybody had a better managerial career they would be good candidates. 

That was the first thing I thought when I read that. Baffling thing to say.

• Paid Members

Overall, Scotland are perfectly average. A position I'll gladly accept, given some of the disasters over the past 17 years, or so.

Fair play to Strachan. There was a lot of momentum building up over him getting the boot, but he's managed to get some decent performances out of some right shite.

Scotland's form in the last 5 qualifying games is the same as England's and better than the other home nations. If that's what average gets you then I'll gladly take it.

Strachan has built a team rather than building a team around a player, which was necessary really as we don't have any players better than mid table premiership at absolute best. Delighted with the campaign overall and my only wishes is that Strachan gets over his stubborn streak and drops Bannanfor either McGregor or McGinn on Sunday.

14 hours ago, D@mm said:

Shame Stuart Pearce or Tony Adams didn't have better managerial careers as they would of been good choices to be England manager one day, give the England job to Sean Dyche.

I think its that time again where Southgate will fail miserably, the whole 'working your way up through the FA ladder' gets criticised and they decide to go for a non-english coach like Ancelotti who then also fails miserably and then they go for whoever looks half decent in the premier league, probably Eddie Howe. 

I think England's problem is that the players might good for club teams in the premier league but there isn't enough fight in the team, you need a few who will dig in, fight for the team and almost go to war for England. You look at the make up of this side and you struggle to really see it, not helped by not having a consistent captain and a mellow manager. 

I enjoy watching Wales/Scotland/Ireland as you feel there is a team spirit about them, England are just going through the motions as individuals. 

Archived