General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
18 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

"Hi Arsene, I won't be in today, I had lasagne for dinner and my arse is leaking like Liverpools defence"

How unfortunate for you to be ill on your birthday, Per.

• Paid Members

Another good win for United. It's good to see that we're actually putting some of the chances away, and turning last year's 1-1 draws in to solid wins.

City looked pretty good. Without some key players too.

As soon as Morata went off Chelsea all of a sudden looked so light up front, even with Bat.

• Paid Members

Horrible Chelsea performance, looked absolutely knackered from midweek and we got the tactics wrong. Once Morata was injured, we were fucked. City were absolutely fantastic and it could have been 2/3-0.

Hindsight wonderful, but we showed far too much respect and should really have lined up 434 with Baka/Kante in the middle and Pedro/Hazard behing Morata. Understand why we didn't after midweek. Frankly, we could have set up in any manner and lose with the quality City showed and our total inability to pass.

• Paid Members

The next four games will be massive for United, they've had a pretty easy start all things considering so trips to Anfield and Stamford Bridge plus Spurs at home (with a Huddersfield game in the middle) will be interesting to see. They're absolutely punishing the weaker teams though, so they'll be brimming with confidence. That's half of the battle.

I think City will finish a very close second to United but have a ridiculously superior goal difference. As good as both teams look right now i can see Peps City have the odd off day and ship goals where as a United slump will probably consist of a few ground out 1-0 bores.

• Paid Members

I think Branquey might be right. Koeman out. That squad should be performing much better, and he's tried the risky approach of throwing the players under a bus this week and it's not worked. I can't see how he can get that team to play for him now.

They should do whatever it takes to try and convince Ancelotti to take over.

27 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

I think Branquey might be right. Koeman out. That squad should be performing much better, and he's tried the risky approach of throwing the players under a bus this week and it's not worked. I can't see how he can get that team to play for him now.

Should it though? Aside from Rooney no one else in the squad has won anything of note. Oumar Niasse is our first choice centre forward. We have no one with any pace over the age of 19 at either end of the field. We have three expensive number 10s (four if you count Barkley) but we can only play one of them at a time. Jagielka and Williams are both in their autumn years but we have to play at least one of them every week.

The squad's extremely uneven following a weird summer of recruitment which didn't address any of our main weaknesses or do anything to replace the outgoing Lukaku. We're not performing much worse than one would reasonably expect.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Pinc said:

Should it though? Aside from Rooney no one else in the squad has won anything of note.

Nobody at Burnley has won anything of note, yet they turned you over at your place today. I'm not saying you should be pushing for a top 4 spot, because that's asking for far too much, but of course you should be performing much better than you are.

Look at your squad, and compare it to the fifteen teams above you in the league. You should be doing better than nine of them.

Archived