General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

There's a very good chance I'm in Cardiff on Monday. I guess there's no chance of a ticket? Failing that, what would be the best/safest place to watch as an Englishman would would slightly favour Wales, but ultimately holds both nations as contemptible vagabonds. 

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
7 minutes ago, Guy Bifkin said:

There's a very good chance I'm in Cardiff on Monday. I guess there's no chance of a ticket? Failing that, what would be the best/safest place to watch as an Englishman would would slightly favour Wales, but ultimately holds both nations as contemptible vagabonds. 

No chance of a ticket, English fans are always welcome though, we've capped a shit load of them. The Goat Major is a cracking alehouse. Contemptible though? We're not dirty abcess ridden bogs and micks like Nolan.

Just the 6-0 win required for the Dutch against Sweden then...

It makes me a bit sad to be honest. I think, like many others around my age, World Cup 1990* was my earliest football memory and yes I loved Gazza and Linekar and they are the sole reasons I'm a Spurs fan, but I was also obsessed with the Holland West Germany teams of that tournament, obviously spurred on by their immense game in the second round and all the drama involved.

I absolutely rinsed my 1990 Review tape watching that game (which featured an insane effort by Klinsmann), and loved watching Gullit, Rijkaard, van Basten et al, and have always enjoyed watching them play, so yeah, bit sad to see them struggling so badly.

Someone explain to me how Greece winning is bad for Scotland? What do Scotland need to do now? Poor bastards.

*now going down a YouTube 1990 highlights rabbit hole

Archived