General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

Well well well, Argentina held to a 0-0 draw with Peru...you just know they'll make the play offs and hammer who they face (am I right in thinking it's New Zealand), but weird to think that the WC next year could be without the runners up in 2010 and 2014.

England were shit. Pure utter shit. I have nothing more to add as I don't really care, and just to see the difference at Hampden when Scotland 'scored' that winner says everything to the absolute apathy that most English people have towards the national team.

Great to see Eriksen score for Denmark. I hope they make it through.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
50 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Well well well, Argentina held to a 0-0 draw with Peru...you just know they'll make the play offs and hammer who they face (am I right in thinking it's New Zealand), but weird to think that the WC next year could be without the runners up in 2010 and 2014.

It's still a big ask, they have to beat Ecuador away- which they haven't done in the past three fixtures. Winning away in South America is bloody difficult. I can see Chile missing out- they are currently third but visit Brazil in their final game.

Makes the last round of games really interesting though- 5 teams battling over 2 automatic places and a play-off/New Zealand-battering formality.

• Paid Members

Are New Zealand really battering material, though? IIRC the last World Cup showed they weren't pushovers, even if they weren't group winners. Solid enough to grind the others to draws. Could throw a spanner in the works for any team looking to make qualification off them.

• Paid Members

It's hard to get excited about a team managed by someone as drippy and innefectual as Gareth Southgate. Even if you are playing poor football, you want someone with a bit of passion. Southgate acts like if he found his wife in bed with the milkman, he would go and make him a cup of tea before retiring to watch the telly in the living room.

• Paid Members
56 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Are New Zealand really battering material, though? IIRC the last World Cup showed they weren't pushovers, even if they weren't group winners. Solid enough to grind the others to draws. Could throw a spanner in the works for any team looking to make qualification off them.

They didn't qualify for the last World Cup, you're thinking of 2010. They didn't even manage to win the Oceana Cup in two years afterwards- which was won by the mighty Tahiti. Still, they have Chris Wood, so you never know...

2 hours ago, Gus Mears said:

It's hard to get excited about a team managed by someone as drippy and innefectual as Gareth Southgate. Even if you are playing poor football, you want someone with a bit of passion. Southgate acts like if he found his wife in bed with the milkman, he would go and make him a cup of tea before retiring to watch the telly in the living room.

There's a great story to be told of Southgate banishing the ghosts of Euro 96 by managing England to a World Cup win, hopefully via a penalty shoot-out, but I can't even imagine him being arsed to tell it.

2 hours ago, Pinc said:

There's a great story to be told of Southgate banishing the ghosts of Euro 96 by managing England to a World Cup win, hopefully via a penalty shoot-out, but I can't even imagine him being arsed to tell it.

Except the fact he did the Pizza Hut advert which might only be a bit of fun at the time as a player, but if your an England player now in a semi final ahead of a shootout then your not going to take Southgate seriously after that shocker of an advert. 

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Ladiesman345 said:

Lol, Wales drawing with Georgia at home. Thanks Wales. That's good for Scotland's chances ☺

5th in the Second Place league. Pot 1 in any draw. I'll laugh that up anyday

Archived