General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

The mood over here is fucking cracked, Butcher. People are fucking cracked.

The armchair types and the vast majority of those in the office I work in expect Ireland to turn Wales over on the basis of Bale's absence. Already boarding the plane for Russia when both Georgia and Serbia made a show of us only last month! Nonsense talk out of the lot of them. The Wales reserves are probably better than our full strength starting 11.

Sorry, but the absolute ignorance of some ball fans is astounding at times.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
48 minutes ago, Scott Malbranque said:

The armchair types and the vast majority of those in the office I work in expect Ireland to turn Wales over on the basis of Bale's absence. Already boarding the plane for Russia when both Georgia and Serbia made a show of us only last month! .

It's mad isn't it. Even if we win both games, we still need other results to go our way elsewhere to get the play-off place, let alone go to Russia. Off to Cardiff on Sunday morning, but not hopeful of beating Wales, even without Bale.

• Moderators

Georgia away on Friday is the one I am massively worried about. That's the kind of game we always balls up in. Like when we play Cyprus.

Monday will be full of huge needle though, especially after the Taylor challenge last time. I'll be wearing my sexy Spirit of 58 gear (the ONLY football clothing line which isn't shit) with pride though. England get Stone Island, Wales get SO58. We're not just better in the OFFICIAL FIFA rankings.

Bucket.jpg

• Moderators

Sitting back for a draw is probably a better option. Bale has been involved in 75% of our goals during this campaign be it assist or scoring. HRK can't do it on his own, and as great as prospect as Woodburn is I'm loathe to put the entire hopes of the team on his back when he's just turned 17. However we're very strong on the counter, ask Belgium. Twice. Mind you all this relies on us losing against Georgia in Tbilisi on Friday (we will)

Im not fussed about England but it would be great to see the other home nations in a World Cup. I want them to all qualify but I think I'm right in thinking that it's one of Ireland or Wales in their group so I'll go for Wales because Ben Davies. 

Elsewhere, will next year see the World Cup without Argentina? They'll still navigate through a play off but it's mad to see them struggling so badly. 

And in the big one, Syria vs Australia 1st leg at 13.30 which is apparently being streamed on YouTube. Be emotional if Syria make it to the World Cup under the circumstances 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Im not fussed about England but it would be great to see the other home nations in a World Cup. I want them to all qualify but I think I'm right in thinking that it's one of Ireland or Wales in their group so I'll go for Wales because Ben Davies.

Or because Wales are a home nation and Ireland aren't??

Genuinely a chance that all four can make it. Scotland have left it very late to pick up form, but they can still feasibly do it. Norn Iron have one foot in the play-offs, the trouble for them (and the other two if they also reach the play-offs) will be who they face. Wales should have a kinder draw, as they will be in the 1st pot of seeds. I think Northern Ireland would just miss out on that, despite cracking the FIFA top 20, and probably end up playing Italy or something.

Well, Syria utterly deserved that 1-1 draw for the way they played in the second half. The effort they put in was excellent and for a superb save from the Australia keeper, they would've taken the win...Having said that, the Syria goalie made an equally impressive save in the dying stages of the match as well.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

If Syria end up winning the tie and play the USA in the play-off I hope they manage to outdo the Iranian flowers and giant tiddlywink from 98. 

I hope all the Americans kneel if that match were to happen. Imagine the orange man's fury.

Archived