General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Big grin on my face. What a wonderful game of football and a brilliant result for Chelsea. Bryan Ferry got his tactics absolutely spot on, not easy against Simeone, and we exceeded expectations from my perspective by a margin. Missed watching nights like this last season. 

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Yeah, I think it's something to do with wanting to move away from the Communist legacy. Most current Slavonic teams were formed during the Communist era to represent their factories and industries, so they were named after them, like Spartak, CSKA, Lokomotiv, Dynamo, Rotor, etc. Wouldn't swear to it that's 100% the reason for the change in pronunciation though.

That was an awesome performance from Chelsea last night. Quite refreshing to see us approach a game like that without slinging everyone behind the ball.

The barrage of invective I unleashed at Willian for the short freekick at the end would have made a roofer blush. In the end it was one of my favourite Chelsea goals ever.

7 minutes ago, mim731 said:

Tuchel to come in?

I cant think of anyone else who is available unless they appoint an interim and wait for Enrique next year but I would assume its too long a wait. Maybe Alonso will get some sort of coaching role too

6 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

West ham could do a lot worse than Carlo if  Bilic is sacked 

Or Everton if results do not improve for Koeman I guess!

There had been speculation before hand the Hoffenheim manager Julian Nagelsmann was going to take over in the summer at Bayern regardless. Could be like Chelsea when they sack a manager and go for Hiddink in that they may go for a safe pair of hands till the end of the season with Jupp Heynckes. Couldn't see Klopp going to Bayern. Even if he were ever to leave Liverpool. 

Archived