General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

I'm absolutely fine with the concept of abolishing 90% of friendlies. It's like drawing teeth watching England play when there is actual silverware on the line, let alone when it's fundamentally pointless. However, that set of rules is impenetrable. It looks like it's been booked by Vince Russo.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I've spent the better part of my lunch break trying to work this fucking Bound For Glory series out. I give up.

When I think I have it sussed out, I try to work out how it ties in with the Euro 2020 qualifiers and I can't find a clear and concise explanation. Mainly, what are the Play Off matches in March 2020 for when there are 10 groups for Euro qualifiers and the top two go through? Those 20 teams join the 4 teams already qualified from winning the four Nations leagues right, so what are the play-offs for?? Fuck this shit.

Need a dummy's guide from Rick.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

I'm trying to find evidence to suggest it will mean more international breaks, so I can get all angry about it, but they've managed to keep it down to the same number of breaks from what I can see.

For fuck's sake.

• Paid Members
57 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

I've spent the better part of my lunch break trying to work this fucking Bound For Glory series out. I give up.

Need a dummy's guide from Rick.

Yeah, it reminded me of both that and Tenay's fucking explainer for the King of the Mountain Match, which used to go about 5 minutes and make no sense.

hqdefault.jpg

"For me Clive, It's really very simple"

euf.png

The fundamental problem as Devon says, is the potential of more international breaks. Feels like they are pretty much endless from the start of the season through to Crimbo as it is.  

So what I have gathered ( I could be wrong) is that the best teams in Europe get 2 attempts at qualifying. If you get to the semi finals of the Nations league then you qualify. So in essence some really good teams in Europe such as Germany, Spain and France could be missing from the qualifyers, but so could a team who are ranked in the lower teams in UEFA as a team from League D would qualify. Based on current coefficient that would put Scotland in C I think. I assume they want teams like Faroe Islands to have a shot at their first tournament. However I must say it all seems a bit weird.

Ah @Gus Mears that's wonderful. Did you create that?

So basically it's a European Confed Cup but with access to the Euros? What is the fucking point? It's just going to stink up the Euros with some absolute shit teams isn't it? But then it's good for smaller nations to play in tournaments... oh I don't know anymore. Abandon the lot 

• Paid Members

Fantastic work there Gus! Between Mike Ashley, the lesser Kanu and the Gazprom logo I'm roaring

On the plus side, this competition will finally answer the question we've been asking for years: who are shitter, San Marino or Andorra? Can't wait for that match.

• Paid Members
56 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Fantastic work there Gus! Between Mike Ashley, the lesser Kanu and the Gazprom logo I'm roaring

On the plus side, this competition will finally answer the question we've been asking for years: who are shitter, San Marino or Andorra? Can't wait for that match.

Doubt they'll play, they'll both be in the same pot. Sorry pal.

In genuinely great international football news, Iceland will qualify for the World Cup with a win over Kosovo tonight. Truly brilliant how they've created a competitive team.

I think less international breaks but three/four weeks of international football at the end of the season would be much better, that way the season isn't interrupted and also the international team gets more time together and could play a series of games over a few weeks which might even make England games exciting if its say two games a week for three weeks, I suppose the season would finish earlier (e.g. April) and international games would be in May/June.

Speaking of international games, its the Qatar world cup in November/December which is going to bugger things around quite a bit in a few years....that will be interesting. 

• Moderators

Congratulations Ireland, you took a great chance and took it well. If you're in the playoffs and get through you're my team. The ref was great tonight, let it ebb and flow. I have my opinions on what happened with Joe Allen, but Joniesta came on and was fantastic. A super competitive group, most open in the tournament. Fair play, we will have you next time you Mick bastards. See you all over Europe in 2020.

• Paid Members

We look forward to it Butch, it was a bloody fantastic game, after we scored you guys really switched on and went balls to the wall for that equaliser. Thought fucking McClean was gonna be the reason we conceded in the 95th minute.

Ref really was great, there was times I was wondering how some things weren't a foul, then realised it wasn't a Premier League game and players were happy to kick lumps out of each other. 

EDIT: Saw Whelan walk to the touchline and instantly had fear, did enough of what he needed too for his appearance though.

• Moderators

David Meyler was dirty for me tonight. But that's his job. Cyrus Christie had a cracking game.

Man of the match for me though is either HAL ROBSON KANU, or little Joniesta....

Little Joniesta wins. He may look like Art Garfunkel and be 25 and 5'4" but after that "challenge" on Joe Allen he came on and was Wales lynchpin

Archived