NWA is the best.

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Angle_fan said:

The forum has been back on for 3 hours now, yet no one has mentioned the most over man in the last week, The Question Mark. 

I initially thought it was Aron Stevens under the mask, but have a feeling it's Jocephus. You can see he's got some kind of facial hair under there. 

9 hours ago, PJ Power said:

I know that Corgan was trying to recreate an authentic 80's studio wrasslin' show, just a shame that Cornette had to go that little bit too authentic. And it's a line that was badly dated anyway - had he mentioned some other food than fried chicken, I doubt he'd be gone.

What is the actual fried chicken thing? I mean where did the slur originate? 

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Michael_3165 said:

What is the actual fried chicken thing? I mean where did the slur originate? 

It mostly stems from the depiction of black people in Birth of A Nation, I think, but basically it's that fried chicken was a cheap, abundant food in the South, so was often fed to slaves, and later presumably eaten by the disproportionately poor black community. There's also probably an element of it being a food eaten with your hands, so easy to misrepresent as dirty, or animalistic. 

• Paid Members

Have the NWA said what will happen going forward? How many episodes of Powerrr are left? Are they going to air with Cornette’s recorded commentary but with a disclaimer that he no longer works for the company and his views don’t necessary reflect the NWA’s? Or will they be removing/re-dubbing him?

So this weeks' episode is mainly recaps, promos, and some matches filmed in front of no audience, plus basically all the Thunder Rosa footage they had.

I'm assuming this a way of quickly putting together a show to air with no Jim Cornette but they can't do this for very long surely?  What a clusterfuck.  

• Paid Members

I don't get why they couldn't have stuck the episodes on with a disclaimer about the Cornette situation. There's 2 more episodes until PPV, they surely can't do this for a fortnight?

I presume they've reversed the tag title change since they're not going to show the Rock & Roll Express/Wildcards match for Cornette reasons and will instead do it at the PPV

I hope they've got a new colour guy lined up by the PPV as Joe Galli was dying on his arse as a solo guy. He's no Lance Russell.

• Paid Members

I turned it off after the empty arena match which at least had a fun resolution. The rest was appalling. I have no interest whatsoever in 30 mins of build to a Thunder Rosa MMA loss that has already happened.

• Paid Members

Apparently Dave Lagana says this week's episode was always planned to be the weird recap format. But it looks like they've already made some sort of change to next week's show (which would have been the final one before going to countdown shows for the PPV):

The original taping had James Storm winning a three-way to become #1 contender, which presumably won't air now and explains why he suddenly got the shot without a logical explanation.

Edited by JNLister

• Paid Members

If the Cornette thing hadn't happened last week then maybe this would have been received differently. Perception is everything. Also is it me, or are there only 4 matches booked for the PPV? 

Watched the NWA episode that had the Cornette comment but didn't notice it so assume they've since cut it. 

Did hear him describe being in the opposing corner during a tag match as like "facing a gas chamber or an electric chair." Hyperbole is a part of wrestling but fuck me. 

Wasn't put off by the clip show episode, which felt nostalgic to me and in keeping with everything else about their product, but was put off by the YouTube comments. There are a lot of whiny entitled arseholes in their fanbase.