NWA is the best.

IANdrewDiceClay

A chunk of the seating was tarped off this week, which is a bit odd as it's already bloody tiny.  Surely they can find enough homeless to fill those seats?

Another fun episode.  Josephus is absolute dogshit but he's exactly what I expect to see on the show so I'm rolling with it.  Him v Murdoch was the sort of thing you'd have seen on World Of Sport many years ago.

It's still unclear week to week who's a heel and who's a face, but I think it's starting to settle down.  James Storm is a heel, Aldis is basically a face.  Drake is going to end up a heel I think.

The camp encounter between Starks and Stevens was definitely... odd.  Not sure that really fits the "NWA is men" feel of the rest of the show.  And the "kayfabe cocktail" was just proper creepy.  

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Loki said:

A chunk of the seating was tarped off this week, which is a bit odd as it's already bloody tiny.  

The shows are still from the same set of tapings so its been the same audience every week so far, the crowd probably filters in and out over the course of the tapings.

After reading through this thread a few times I decided to give it a go and I'm up to episode 4 now. I'm going to watch it tonight. I love the old school feel of the show. It's put together well and flows nice and quickly and you don't get bored. 

How can you not love Tim Storm? I'm in love with the guy already and I've only just watched him for the first time this week. I'd read about him on here before of course but wasn't really interested. I've been going on you tube now and looking into parts of Storm and Jocephus. 

I'll be making time for this programme every week from now on. When the Mrs got up this morning I was watching episode 3 and I told her it was my new favourite programme. She didn't seem to understand my enthusiasm and with this now on top of AEW. She's probably aware that she's going to have to tolerate a bit more wrestling than she was already 😀

Edited by Angle_fan

• Paid Members

I thought it was alright again. Aron Stephens wearing flesh coloured trunks was a little offputting. I like that I'm not the only one who thinks his gimmick is that he pretends he's in proper Hollywood movies when he's really doing grumble.

• Paid Members

I thought this week was one of the best weeks.

Thunder Rosa is different to the other women they have, really intense and her pounding drums as she tries to turn other people heel is really cool.

Enjoyed the Cabana/Storm match and again every belt is bigged up by everyone so it felt a big deal.

I’m kinda warming to the Dawsons. They’re shit but they’re like a guilty pleasure 90s fatty team. 

The Retromania advert was the right amount of cheese without overdoing it like that invisible hair one.

Ricky Starks and Aron Stevens have a good thing going but those flesh coloured trunks were rank. Also I don’t know why but Stevens  crap actor gimmick reminds me of Harold Steptoe.

Cornette caught my wife off guard with “they put her picture up in prisons to cure sex offenders”.

It’s still the easiest hour of wrestling to watch all week. It may not be 5 star matches but it’s got characters, story, solid and consistent presentation and most importantly they don’t act like you’re stupid.

• Paid Members

Absolutely over the moon about the Retro Mania plug. Stupidly excited.

I was more than happy with this weeks episode. I’m happy that Kay now has a good quality foe in Rosa, the world title picture looks to have loads of potential avenues. The tag division is stacked. The fit A LOT in to the hour which is understandable given the upcoming PPV but maybe shows that a an hour isn’t quite enough in some cases. 
I’m still fully invested and I really enjoy the fact that considering it’s basic storytelling, they catch me out with results. 
I didn’t expect Stevens to lose in the way he did for example.

I hope Murdoch gets a shot at the regional title in the future.

• Paid Members

Bit of a shame that RetroMania game has been in development so long before this show came along. NWA would have been a great branding collaboration for the game, if it could have just been the official NWA Powerrr game, with the proper studio set and all the characters. Maybe the next installment?