NWA is the best.

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

So I realise I'm a bit late to the party in this particular regard, but I recently heard that Corgan's aim is to get his NWA product on to the WWE Network. Is this true? Because it's genuinely disappointing if so. Even if I hadn't decided to not subscribe to the Network because of all the outside stuff, I wouldn't want to have to subscribe for just NWA Powerrr either.

• Paid Members
49 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

It would make sense if it allowed them access to WWE's NWA archive footage.

But then doesn't Corgan own all the NWA video library that Bruce Tharpe used to own?

That was definitely a point that occurred to me - that Corgan wanted in some way to unify all the NWA footage. From my own perspective as a fan, though, if they join the Network, I won't be following it any more. I enjoy it immensely, but I've been following (so far) this NWA programme because I want to watch decently-produced non-WWE wrestling. It's not good enough for me to want to pay for the Network, and I don't want to give WWE any more of my money anyway. 

If they do get on to the Network, I'll just follow NJPW and AEW instead. It's a great time to be a wrestling fan, as we've all said on here. But it'd be a shame.

• Paid Members

It makes a lot of sense. As enjoyable as this product is, I don't see it finding a home on TV other than some no-mark channel like Impact has been on and it's not affordable on YouTube. So if WWE would pay for them to be on their Network then it could be the answer from their POV. From WWE's POV, it's good content that is genuinely different to what they do and could potentially attract a different audience to something like Evolve or whatever, especially if it comes with the archive.

There are ways to watch most of the Network stuff so it's not necessarily the end of the line for following it. Would be a shame but I just don't see it gettig on TV.

• Paid Members

It's a good idea from Corgan's perspective, certainly. I'm just saying I won't be following it if it goes there - I won't pay for the Network, and I'm still too casual about wrestling nowadays to be bothered about finding streams or torrents any more.

My concern with it going on the network is that it would inevitably mean WWE involvement in it which would drag it down from what it is at the moment and defeat the object. Maybe not straight away but if it gets decent views and stuff there’s no way WWE aren’t gong to get involved with it and ruin it eventually. 

• Paid Members

I'm sure I read Dave Lagana saying that Youtube revenue would begin to break them even around the end of the year or in a year or something. 

Also, they're uploading Nick Aldis vs Cody Rhodes 2 tonight at 11pm on Youtube.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

They've done two weekly shows, I think everyone's getting rather ahead of themselves with regard to the WWE thing.

The second show had less than 1/3 of the views of AEW Dark and someone earlier called it the hottest thing in wrestling. Getting carried away is what we do.

• Paid Members
52 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

I'm sure I read Dave Lagana saying that Youtube revenue would begin to break them even around the end of the year or in a year or something. 

I struggle to see how that could be true. 

Impact Wrestling have a few Youtube videos every week that do similar numbers to NWA Powerrr and I doubt the revenue generated by Youtube would be that much.

• Paid Members

It wouldn't surprise me though, as TNA has been perpetually run by confounded morons, that they simply do not know how to monetise their YouTube content and NWA have already got people on board who know how to do that.

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

They've done two weekly shows, I think everyone's getting rather ahead of themselves with regard to the WWE thing.

A bit premature, certainly, but Corgan and Lagana have stated openly that they want to get their product to a point where they can get it on to the Network. I'm not saying I think that will definitely happen - I'm really hoping not - but Corgan's one of the people in the industry that could most likely accomplish that, given his profile, resources, and expertise in entertainment, not to mention his own wrestling promotion experience, and so far the programme they've produced would go even further to cementing that notion.

I agree I've definitely jumped the gun a bit, so to put things into perspective: just as Corgan is saying his potential goal is to get NWA Powerrr on to the Network, I potentially will end up not being able to follow it, and I'm really hoping that enough fans like me will express that concern so he'll end up deciding against it. For the moment, however, I'm happy to just enjoy the product as it is right now.

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members

I thought it crossed the line a bit this week into weak parody. The fake adverts were horrendous and some of the little touches on the graphics felt like a pisstake. Women's match wasn't worked well, even for a squash, the Dawsons' are a dreadful promo and the Colt Cabana stchick was shit too. Aldis and Galli doing almost the exact same promo as last week got old already, especially with Aldis's faux delivery.

Thought the Tim Storm dilemma, Eli Drake's promo and the end cliffhanger after the shock finish was their best work. they're doing a good job with that although no idea where it goes.

I'm undecided on whether that Damien Sandow bit was absolute genius or hokey shite. He looked like a muppet, his promo was pure panto and that video was fucking horrific but I'll be honest, I laughed.

• Paid Members

Yeah bit of a rough week this week. The Spiritual Advisor video was shocking (who even is she?) and using a similar video to big up The Mark (who you just know will be shit) wasn’t great either.

Aldis had an off night on the mic, stumbling all over the place. I’m still intrigued by Kamille not talking, I imagine when she does it’ll get a Linda Stands Up pop.

Aron Stevens was fun. If he’s a heel that thinks and acts like a hollywood star but he’s clearly shit then that’s great. 

The Jocephus bit made no sense to me. Isn’t Cabana a face? Why’s he out with heel Jocephus?

The Dawsons are shit but I tell you what I didn’t half want to see Tim Storm and Eli Drake beat them and was genuinely gutted when they didn’t.

Eddie Kingston has all the charisma in the world but all he does is shout.