NWA is the best.

IANdrewDiceClay

I have loved Jim Cornette since 2010 when he blistered the shit out of TNA's Monday night war debut and have listened to pretty much everything he has done since.

I wish he hadn't have said the stupid reference on NWA (I had to Google why it was considered racist as I've never came across this racial slur before) but I'm not sure I fully buy that he is a fully blown racist? 

• Paid Members

It's much more of an association in the US, but it's also part of why the Tories were criticised for their anti-knife-crime campaign on boxes of fried chicken. 

I've been giving Cornette a pass for years, but that audio that @BomberPat posted was new to me. If he's not an outright racist, he clearly says racist things, which is a liability for any show. And a pre-taped show airing it is pretty concerning.

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Just for the purposes of clarification - the 'n-word' audio is of Jim quoting someone else. 

It isnt. The quote from someone else (legendary rapist Jimmy Del Ray) was "what do you want me to do?" and as a promoter he responded "I said get that fucking n-gger out of here."

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Angle_fan said:

Nick's surname always sounds like a merger happened between Aldi and Londis. 

YES! I've always wondered why I thought he sounded like he should be coming to the ring with plastic bags full of shopping.

• Paid Members

Into The Fire was definitely worth the £20. It's been built to brilliantly so nearly every match meant something and the ones that didn't were given enough promo time to quickly build it. In-Ring was the best the NWA has ever been since coming back too, with everyone given enough time to have "proper" matches.

I won't spoil it in case anyone wanders in, but there was about 3 new debuts and one of them is an absolute shock to end the show. A lot of building for Season 2 as well which was nice.

Only flaws I'd say is outside of Thunder Rosa, the women's division is the weakest in any company right now. The TV championship coming back in the January PPV is a double miss for me, as not only do they not need any more belts, but another PPV so soon when they're £20 a pop just isn't going to happen. This isn't WWE at it's peak, you're not getting that much money in on PPV buys that constantly.

Are we avoiding spoilers for the PPV here? I’ll err on the side of caution. 

I thought that was an excellent show with a good mix of story and matches. Agreed on the women’s division though. Having said that, Thunder Rosa is a more intriguing character than anyone in AEW’s female roster right now. 

Aron Stevens was brilliant on this show, and Nick Aldis has been one of the best performers of 2019. He’d be a great addition to either WWE or AEW, he’s a very believable promo.

If you were wavering about ordering this I’d recommend you do. It’s an easy watch with a few big surprises and some fun matches.