NWA is the best.

IANdrewDiceClay

That show was great fun, I’d been on the verge of giving up on Powerrr before Into the Fire, but it’s been absolutely brilliant since then. I hope they can keep it up.

Tim Storm is a phenomenal babyface, I completely agree with that. If he’s not babyface of the year, he certainly has to be in the running for it.

And what a lovely singing voice Jocephus has. 

Yes that was one of my first thoughts, that the championship is the most important thing imaginable. I bet you're hooked already. I was after episode 1. This show constantly makes you want more which is something that has been lacking for some time when there's countless hours of new product overall each week. I don't think I've ever been primed to like someone more than Tim Storm but I'm full on in wrestling love with the guy. 

Edited by Angle_fan

NWA Powerrr has made me do the unthinkable, I am actually warming to Eli Drake of all people. Instant change the channel heat with me whenever I saw him, but he's actually ok on this. Enjoyed his promo too, actually genuinely amusing at times.

The rest of the show was brill too, good to see The Pope, always liked the way he spoke. Him putting a faction together will be interesting.

Looking forward to next week.

• Paid Members

All caught up, thank god for that. Both the shows since the PPV are exactly why I like it. Brilliant bounce back after the bullshit fortnight leading up to the PPV.

Great promos, great characters, fun matches. I’d like to see some more CW Anderson, always been a fan. He’s really close with Colby Corino for obvious reasons, and Colby has some involvement in the Retro Mania game that NWA endorse (he’s part of the tournament to find new characters). I’d love to see him in NWA. 

So Pope is going to put a Horseman team together, with him as manager I guess? I can’t see past Tim Storm, Eli Drake and Rock n Roll at present.

Bang up for some factions.

11 hours ago, Angle_fan said:

Is it just the hardcore old school amongst us, or does this have some serious potential to do well and make a profit? I'm very hopeful. 

I doubt it to be honest, but lets enjoy it while it lasts.

Edited by The King of Old School

• Paid Members
On 12/24/2019 at 7:20 PM, theironshake said:

I've never been a Nick Aldis fan. But it has be said he is tremendous.  Great heel and vastley improved. Another cracking show. 

Got to agree. I can't stand him but he's excellent in this environment. I find his interviews a bit cosplay at times if I'm honest but he's settling into it. I think turning properly heel will help too.

On 12/24/2019 at 8:05 PM, RedRooster said:

That show was great fun, I’d been on the verge of giving up on Powerrr before Into the Fire, but it’s been absolutely brilliant since then. I hope they can keep it up.

I didn't give up as it's still an easy hour but I do agree, it was running out of steam a bit and the Cornette controversy came at a bad time on that score because it was probably easy for a lot of people to "boycott" it. The PPV couldn't come soon enough and the reset coming out has really helped. WWE TV could take so much from the freshness that this mini-series feel has given rather than their never ending soap style run.

Another brilliant show this week. I honestly can’t think of a match I want to see more than Nick Aldis vs Tim Storm in wrestling right now, that storyline has been unbelievably well booked. 

Much against my expectations, I’m really warming to Eli Drake as a performer. He’s good fun, and really works well in this environment.

Aron Stevens continues to be one of the most entertaining characters in wrestling. The question of whether or not there’s any justice in the world can be easily answered by the fact that Dolph Ziggler has retained employment with WWE for the past ten plus years, whilst Aron Stevens ended up on the scrapheap. 

Great episode again. I just love the whole feel to the setting. Tim Storm again plays such a great good guy that I just want him to be champion.

When Powerrr started I thought Eli Drake was just a Stone Cold rip off, now it feels like he doesn't even care that he's ripping Steve Austin off so blatantly that I'm starting to enjoy him haha.

Add me to the list aswell of people who is starting to enjoy Eli drake.

It just seems straight forward and simple booking, the wrestlers on the show are playing to their strengths and it makes a very enjoyable view each week. 

I never thought that in this day and age that a TV title tournament would be entertaining to me, however the way they have booked it has made it very entertaining. 

I hope it carries on for a long time however am doubtful and am just enjoying it as it comes out.