ITV World of Sport: Tapings postponed until July?

Psygnosis

• Moderators

It didn't have to be. But they saw the success of Progress and ICW and ITV thought as a commercial entity "yes please!". Always an issue of non wrestling people seeing wrestling as a tree to make planks from.

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
19 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

A friend of mine did a similar thing when ECW was about to go out of business, pretending to part of some sort of consortium. He got an email response a couple of days later which was just one sentence:

"We need 22 million dollars"

Wouldn't be surprised. I remember Heyman answering my stupid emails in 1998 and 1999.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I don’t see this going down well with the local, long-established (and trusted) outfit as well as some of the fans as well.    

There’s WWE using Epic Studios and then there's WOS Wrestling using it...

WWE is WWE so they’d always get an audience. But WOS? Not sure. This may not have as much of a turnout if there is enough pushback. 

With Anthem seemingly out of the picture, production-wise, I wonder who has picked this up to run?

World of sport would be best suited if it was a online show where it showcases different matches from different promotions on a weekly basis serving as a advertisement for a different wrestling promotion each week. Basically like wrestletalk but without the bias towards NGW

2 hours ago, Your Fight Site said:

So are these takings in collaboration with WAW? Or has ITV just decided to rock up at the venue out of left field to tape these shows?

A collaboration with WAW hadn’t occured to me, though checking out the comments on the Lost In TV Facebook page, the only comment Ricky Knight responded to/thanked was a man saying in no uncertain terms that he wouldn’t be going.

Archived