ITV World of Sport: Tapings postponed until July?

Psygnosis

Is there any chance that Progress could be rebranded as WWE UK?

Jim Smallman seems to be quite in with WWE, and whilst I'm sure he'sĀ running Progress as a labour of love and not specifically for the money, if WWE offered him a decent figure to buy them out and offer him the job of running it,Ā it would be hard to say no

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, FFTHEWINNER said:

god i hope not. i was and still is very interested in it happening

Don't get me wrong, I'm not jumping for joy over it. It's just that they made a big announcement for it, then the taping got pushed back to July and then nothing seems to have been said or happen since and we're now into September. The New Year special did well, but they needed to capitalise on that quickly if it was to have any hope, which unfortunately doesn't look like it will happen

As much as id love for wrestling to be back on itv I think its just wishful thinking now, somethings clearly gone wrong between Jeff Jarett and itv otherwise they would have filmed episodes by now or had a date and now be using Grado as the WOS champion on impact like they do with noah wrestlers on impact ramming it down peoples throats they have links with other promotions and that's why they are globalĀ 

Its probably about money. It might be better if world of sport is just left in the archives and brought back as one off specials every now and then. I would like to see the old stuff back on tv, that would be good.

And for wwe uk I think they've got a formula already set. Every uk tour they film a weekend of wwe uk and put it on the network as a special and allow the wwe uk wrestlers on the tour to wrestle. Its not what fans are expecting but might be as good as it gets.

Ā 

Just to back up a point above, that is such a good interview with sha . Martin who runs snapmare necks gets really good stories from his interviews. Well worth reading his other stuff and show reviews etcĀ 

4 hours ago, Rosler28 said:

And for wwe uk I think they've got a formula already set. Every uk tour they film a weekend of wwe uk and put it on the network as a special and allow the wwe uk wrestlers on the tour to wrestle. Its not what fans are expecting but might be as good as it gets.

Ā 

Maybe they will announce a tour at the UK Tapings in November. But I first thought that they would use the UK Championship on the UK TV Shows to also gain some coverage so maybe they will do that, have a UK Championship match on Raw/Smackdown. Even if its not aired on the US Raw they could air it on the UK one as a special, after all the shows will be taped not broadcasted live.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, kidzero said:

So any updates on a wwe UK TV show seems things have really slowed down witch is sad be there is a ton of talented wrestlers on the UK/Ireland seenĀ 

The plans seem to be on hold from what I gather. At least they have a backup featuring it on NXT. Why not more specials? I know the plan was a weekly show, but surely that could suffice?

1 hour ago, Jon-Carr_92 said:

The plans seem to be on hold from what I gather. At least they have a backup featuring it on NXT. Why not more specials? I know the plan was a weekly show, but surely that could suffice?

Shame they put it in hold maybe its cost reason's but at the same token there putting out surveys about showing roh and a rebranded ECW so cost shouldn't come it it.

I decided for the hell for it to email itv and put in a offer for buying wos making it seem like I was a successful businessman with shit load of money. they pretty much shot me down saying they have no interest in selling the brand or doing any further deals with wrestling. but If I'm a student doing coursework they would be happy to help me with television production queries

• Paid Members
57 minutes ago, Rosler28 said:

I decided for the hell for it to email itv and put in a offer for buying wos making it seem like I was a successful businessman with shit load of money. they pretty much shot me down saying they have no interest in selling the brand or doing any further deals with wrestling. but If I'm a student doing coursework they would be happy to help me with television production queries

Kudos on even getting a response!Ā :laugh:

Archived