2017 Clog-Popping Thread

Gus Mears

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

For those of us around our mid 30s, the scourge of our collective childhoods is no more. Carol Lee Scott aka Grotbags is gone. Nicked from Twitter here's a fantastically mental video of her singing Mean Green Mother from Outer Space from Little Shop of Horrors. Great joy to be found in the preview image alone.

• Moderators

Nelsan Ellis, who played Lafayette in True Blood, has died at 39 after complications from heart failure. I was absolutely blown out of my chair the first time I saw him in True Blood, and I always use that character as the perfect example of an actor who walks away with an entire show. He had an unbelievable presence, and to go so young is a fucking tragedy.

• Paid Members

Wow that's shocking, so young. I tapped out of True blood at the end of season 3 but Lafayette was certainly the shows MVP, less of his comedy caused me to stop watching actually. He was brilliant.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Yup very sad news. The Dead trilogy have to be some of the most influential films in history. The guy basically created the modern day zombie. Love Creepshow too. R.I.P.

A chap posted this snippet from this article on another forum I read,

'Romero died while listening to the score of one his favorite films, 1952’s “The Quiet Man,” with his wife, Suzanne Desrocher Romero, and daughter, Tina Romero, at his side,'

LA Times on George A Romero

• Paid Members

Dawn of the Dead blew my mind when I first saw it. Back in the days of film magazines having black and white production stills, horror films were king and the screwdriver in the head picture from that that film had me curious for years. I think I finally saw it when it was on channel 4 with an introduction after I got an old tv in my room ( I'm guessing I was about 14) and used to seek out these films to watch. Channel 4 on a Friday night or moviedrome on BBC2 were a godsend for horror films back then. 

Its a shame that his other films never got him the recognition he deserved and he had to go back to the zombie well too many times but Martin, monkey Shines, Dark Half and the Crazies are all worth a watch and we've gone on about the awesomeness of Creepshow on here a few times. 

That's just awful. 

I didn't stick with them, I don't think many did, but obviously because of the age I am Hybrid Theory factored into my life big time around the time we were all watching Jackass and finding the gaps in THPS2. Used to always imagine Points Of Authority or One Step Closer making for an amazing WrestleMania opener as the pyro goes off. 

Went to a packed nu metal show last week that basically had an ensemble of Cork metal musicians grouping up to do all the old bangers in aid of charity. 2,500 or thereabouts raised on the night, band came decked in stupid face paint and braids, everyone having a laugh. Good, silly fun. 

3 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

reports coming through that Linkin Park vocalist Chester Bennington has killed himself :(

I hope Chris Martin takes the vocalist position for Stone Temple Pilots now.

• Paid Members

I was a big fan of LP back when I was a teenager. I loved Hybrid Theory and Meteora especially. Nowadays, I can probably say I enjoy listening to handful of songs off both of those albums, but they got a lot of play in my portable CD player in my teens. I also loved their mash-up stuff with Jay Z. I was not at all a fan of their more recent stuff. Hanging, though. Man. Terribly sad.

Archived