2017 Clog-Popping Thread

Gus Mears

1 hour ago, Carbomb said:

Loved him and Les Dawson as Cissie and Ada, absolutely hilarious.

As someone said on Twitter this morning, they were known for their bust-ups.

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

We're now getting into the "hardly knew ye" territory here. Bulgarian linesman who allowed Diego Maradona's "Hand of God" goal to stand at the World Cup in 1986 passes away. Bogdan Dochev.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-soccer-bulgaria-maradona-referee-idUKKBN18S5H1

Dochev, capped two times by Bulgaria as a player, blamed Maradona for ruining his refereeing career and his life.

"Diego Maradona ruined my life," he said. "He is a brilliant footballer but a small man. He is low in height and as a person too."

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, gmoney said:

Surely he ruined his own career by failing to spot it? Typical referee. 

He claims he spotted it, but linesman, according to him, weren't allowed to speak to refs back in the day. He blamed the Tunisian referee. Made some pseudo-racist remark that if it was a "white European" ref, he'd have disallowed it.

Were any more Wallace & Gromit films planned? I assume there's still money in continuing with a new voice actor, but it'll be interesting to see what they decide.

Nick Park had always said that more films were dependent on Sallis' health. Short films were possible, but there wasn't going to be any more feature films, again partly due to Sallis' health but Dreamworks Animation tried to interfere quite a bit on Curse Of The Were-Rabbit, they wanted that to a CGI movie similar to Pixar and wanted the script re-written to suit an American audience. They signed a 5 film deal origionally but it was cancelled after 3 films, the last of which was Flushed Away which Park has basically said Aardman phoned in in order to get out of the deal.

4 hours ago, Uncle Zeb said:

Were any more Wallace & Gromit films planned? I assume there's still money in continuing with a new voice actor, but it'll be interesting to see what they decide.

Belive that Sallis had retired from the role (presumably due to health) and they drafted someone else in to do the voiceover for the Telltale game as well as the adverts. So, I believe that chances are they will continue in some form. 

Archived