2017 Clog-Popping Thread

Gus Mears

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
59 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

It's absolutely mad when you think of US grunge, you tend to think of the big ones being Nirvana, Alice In Chains, Stone Temple Pilots and Soundgarden. Then you realise that Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, Scott Weiland and now Chris Cornell are all dead, and all from either suicide (if that is true about Cornell) or drug overdose

That's actually quite a harrowing thought, bloody hell.

RIP. Black Hole Sun - despite being quite overplayed - is one of my favourite grunge tracks.

Ten is awesome. I listened to Evenflow on the way to work this morning.

• Awards Moderator

Very sad news about Cornell, a big shock as well. He had a phenomenal voice. I'm probably in the minority who preferred Audioslave to Soundgarden, but they were the ones around in my teen years so that's probably why. Saw him play as a solo act at Hyde Park in 2007 and he was great. Always really liked his version of 'Billie Jean' from his second solo album. RIP.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Very sad news about Cornell, a big shock as well. He had a phenomenal voice. I'm probably in the minority who preferred Audioslave to Soundgarden, but they were the ones around in my teen years so that's probably why. Saw him play as a solo act at Hyde Park in 2007 and he was great. Always really liked his version of 'Billie Jean' from his second solo album. RIP.

Definately sang one of the better Bond themes. Don't really know his back catalogue, but it seemed like he had some vocal cords on him. I'll be checking him out more.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Ten is an amazing album. Anytime I hear any other Pearl Jam I just think it's not as good as that, so why bother.

Exactly this, Chest. Ten is right up there in my favourite albums but any time I tried listening to the rest of their stuff it was nowhere near as good. I like Ten, but I'm not a big fan of Pearl Jam.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

The Audioslave debut album is up there with anything he made with Soundgarden, for sure. Cochise and Show Me How To Live are phenomenal.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Roger Ailes, ex-Fox News CEO and sex offender has passed away.

Lived just long enough to see Fox News lose their ratings crown. Wonderful! Good riddance slug.

Terrible news about Cornell. Accidental overdose surely? He was performing and tweeting about the show 24 hours ago. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Rob Lowe said:

Lived just long enough to see Fox News lose their ratings crown. Wonderful! Good riddance slug.

Terrible news about Cornell. Accidental overdose surely? He was performing and tweeting about the show 24 hours ago. 

Hanging :(

• Paid Members

Cornell was amazing, such a great voice and performer and one I often still listen to. His range of vocals really shone through in Slaves and Bulldozers, it's the one song I play to show people what a truly great singer he was. RIP. 

Archived