2017 Clog-Popping Thread

Gus Mears

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unknown Pleasures is routinely mentioned as one of the greatest albums of all time, even if Closer is better.. Never heard them called underrated before.

Grunge didn't kill shit, unless you mean American Thrash which killed itself by being poo once the 90s hit. Plus it gave birth to Sludge, the best metal subgenre.

• Paid Members

Calling one of the most revered and influential bands of all time "underrated" is a bit mad, like. I mean, granted, they're not The Beatles, in terms of popularity, but I think a lot of people that go a bit further than the top 40 know they're one of those tent pole bands, which speaks for itself.

15 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

That prick from the New Radicals blamed Grunge for his music career before New Radicals never taking off, so Grunge is ok with me on that alone.

I bet he's not that angry about it now with his Grammy award and Oscar nomination.

27 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

I bet he's not that angry about it now with his Grammy award and Oscar nomination.

I bet he is, he thinks he should have had them sooner.  I guess as a counter argument to my own, does this mean if it wasn't for grunge, we wouldn't have had to put up with You Get What You Give?  Which led to him writing songs for Ronan Keating.  Fucking hell, grunge, I hate you.

Grunge didn't kill anything, and reality shows killed MTV. Gave things a kick up the arse maybe, but 'killed'? No chance. It's the same as punk, it went as quickly as it came. Then you had 'new grunge' which bands like Nickleback, Creed and Puddle of Mudd got lumped into, it's all just labels at the end of the day

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

I bet he is, he thinks he should have had them sooner.  I guess as a counter argument to my own, does this mean if it wasn't for grunge, we wouldn't have had to put up with You Get What You Give?  Which led to him writing songs for Ronan Keating.  Fucking hell, grunge, I hate you.

That video infuriated me as a child. 'Why are they doing that? It's just people shopping. Pricks'.

Archived