2017 Clog-Popping Thread

Gus Mears

• Paid Members

400 year old man stops doing public duties, except when he decides to do the occasional public duty. Well fuckle-doodle-doo, big scoop there. Looking forward to the 50 page tribute piece in the Express every day for the next millennia. 

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Apparently synthpop/house music icon Robert Miles, he of "Children" fame has passed away at the age of 47.

• Paid Members

Oh man, I loved his stuff in the mid-90s- especially Children. It's one of those Trance pioneer tracks that hasn't seemed to age, and it's also one of those tunes that pretty much everyone seemed to like even if they can't normally stand that type of music. Beautiful track and a brilliant video to go with it.

RIP

• Paid Members

Children is one of those songs that can probably legitimately be defined as "anthemic". It just does manages to do all the right things. You can have a dance to it, you can just sit and chill out to it. I wasn't one of those people for whom that kind of stuff was "my bag", but it is a cracking tune.

• Paid Members

Now Michael Parks (Jean Renault of Twin Peaks and Esteban Vihaio in Kill Bill vol.2) has passed away. To be fair, he was 77, but it's still a shame we've lost that velvet voice.

RIP.

• Paid Members

Very sad about Robert Miles.

This gig/set used to be played at many a house party after the night before to keep us going.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjLMRHQVELc

I was never a massive fan of Children as it just reminded me of 'night almost over or last song' alarm bells, but he had some absolutely glorious tunes and melodies...

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Carbomb said:

Now Michael Parks (Jean Renault of Twin Peaks and Esteban Vihaio in Kill Bill vol.2) has passed away. To be fair, he was 77, but it's still a shame we've lost that velvet voice.

RIP.

That's a good age for one of the Renault brothers.

Ahhh man, that's a fucker. Was watching the final episode he appeared in as part of Twin Peaks last night. One of the most underrated characters in it.

• Paid Members

Michael Parks was great, one of those actors who would always put in a good shift regardless of how shit the film. See Red State for a prime example.

• Paid Members

Nah, it was Kevin Smith trying not to make a Kevin Smith film and, if anything, it showed him up for the one trick pony that he is. In fact Park's performance was one of its only saving graces. 

His little scene at the start of Dusk Till Dawn and his delivery of his lines is fantastic. 

Archived