Minor PPVs that don't deserve a thread *Spoilers*

tiger_rick

What was Cena going for with that pretending-to-leave thing at the start of his match with Reigns? Strange to do that after the most positive crowd response he'd received in years. Was he trying to get cheers for Reigns? Stranger still then to wrestle the match like a face and then stick around for the standing ovation at the end. I'm sure I saw him say "I'm sick of you guys" to the crowd as well on his way up the ramp, seemed super out of character.

Couldn't get my head around it at all.

• Paid Members

I'm guessing everybody's staying down to a single F5 now so that when Reigns kicks out of several of them at Mania it looks like a big deal.

• Paid Members
22 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

He's got a point, but Jesus... If Rusev had managed to come up with a way to make a Dolph Ziggler feud not seem shit after a go-round with Cena, he'd be too busy curing cancer and designing flying cars to maintain a successful WWE career anyway.

I literally just had a thought of "Ziggler does other people's intros to dead silence, then Rusev does the same intros to massive pops". Because it sounds horrible and is far more likely to happen as the only out of this whole Ziggler BS.

I think the only way to save Strowman now is for him to transfer to Smackdown and destroy Jinder Mahal on the first night and to take the title. Strowman is getting big pops anyway and would keep him strong (as in holding the title) and give him some purpose on Smackdown, plus he has enough fodder to get through on there. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I worry about what Kevin Owens is going to be willing to do in Hell in a Cell. It's bad enough when he takes those stupid bumps into corners of ladders in ladder matches. 

I feel like I say this every time they do a Cell match though; why don't they do more bumps like the one Foley took at No Way Out 2000, through the Cell and onto the gimmicked ring? It's far safer than what Shane did at Wrestlemania and just as spectacular.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

Sami Zayn as a heel feels like the worst miscasting of all time. He should be their number one underdog babyface. However, they've done such an awful job with him on the main roster that I welcome them doing anything new with him at this point.

Fair play to Shane. That bump looked even rougher than when he did it at Wrestlemania.

Usos vs. New Day was fucking amazing. Match of the year candidate for sure. Probably one of their best pay per view openers of all time.

Baron Corbin's new music is shit. It suits him perfectly. The irony of that triple threat is that Tye Dillinger was the one who stood out, not Corbin. Tye had loads of fun interactions with AJ, suggesting they could have some good singles matches. Then they give the belt to Corbin. Bore off. He doesn't have it. He's never going to have it. He sucks.

Nakamura is dead. There's no coming back from this.

Edited by Supremo

So, where do we go from here? What does having Sami help Kevin achieve? Apart from retconning the whole "former best friend" stuff? I'm with you, Supremo. I welcome them using him, but can't see how they will.

Shane's bump looked like a great trajectory, bad landing. On the replay, the table didn't collapse clean and I'm fairly sure Mike Chioda's reaction was more shoot than kayfabe.

The tag match was everything it set out to be and more. The usual New Day comedy with mulitple trombones, and Big E "seeing red". Gratuitous kendo stick use and believable handcuffs for once.

Corbin is like a half-deflated balloon. Briefly entertaining, now hanging around and just shit. Dillinger impressed, and still seems over, can see a good run for him coming off the back of this.

Can we send Nakamura back to NXT and forget this whole main roster thing ever happened? I don't know if it's the shine coming off, or just all round shit booking, but he's nothing now.

Natalya's intentional DQ...I don't know, and frankly I don't care.

And I don't know if it will be mentioned, but where was Daniel Bryan at the end? As GM, he was conspicuous by his absence.

EDIT: AJ moving into a program with KO? Addressing the elephant in the room and offering Shane help to beat up Sami and KO. (In before Wooly offers odds on the tag match at the rumble)

Edited by bigfoote