UFC 204: Bisping vs Hendo 2

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

It was a great fight but until that stunning right hand the first round was so fucking dull. Almost lulled me to sleep, dunno if it lulled Bisping into a false sense of security but nothing happened for 4 minutes and then boom.

The bottle on Bisping to get up from that, viscious elbows on the ground and then another superb right after he'd dominated the second. He didn't look like a winner but I think he won rounds 2, 3, 4 and 5. The first round could have been a 10-8 but the 3rd could too.

Credit to Hendo too. I didn't think he still had that in him. After three rounds, he looked like a murder victim trying to get a breathe but he came back and the last two were close.

Great to see Bisping defend the title. He's not going to have it for long though. Enjoy it while it lasts. Mousasi looked great. I think he'd take Mike and he's nowhere near the best challenger.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

The perfect scenario for everyone involved. The fans get a fight of the year contender, Bisping gets to defend his belt at home and Dan fucking Henderson retires on an absolutely amazing performance. That man isn't human. Shuffles around like he's on death's door, can't hear very well, has to turn his whole body when he looks at something because his neck is so fucked up, and yet he's got the most amazing punching power and was a few shots off being the champion of the world. That one sequence where Bisping was putting together a flurry, only for Dan to land that one shot and completely swing the momentum, was incredible. Drunk people were falling into the rows in front of them as they jumped at the drama.

Awesome. MMA is the best.

What is Bisping playing at though. God bless him, the promo he cut on the other four guys at the top of the rankings was great, but come off it Mike. He should've retired there and then because he's not beating any of them. Thinking he has a chance against any of them just means this fairytale story is going to end tragically.

The UFC 205 trailer was phenomenal. You should've heard the live reaction Conor got when he appeared in it, too. If there was any doubt that he's the biggest star in the sport, everyone went ballistic when he flashed on the screen. Guy is on a completely different level to everyone else in the history of the sport.

• Paid Members

The fucking result got spoiled for me! When I read decision Bisping, I went in assuming it would be a bit of a grinding Bisping victory, but what was I wrong. I can only imagine how gripping the H-Bombs in the first two rounds would have been because for a moment I convinced myself I must have read it wrong.

Dan Henderson is incredible, though. Dick kick or not, he's going to damage your brain. I had Bisping winning the fight, like, but there are a couple of rounds you can argue went the other way.

• Paid Members

1st round to Hendo but I would give the rest to Bisping, Hendo only landed 1 shot of any note in that 2nd round so I felt Bispings work before that was enough. Round 3-5 I think Bisping took fairly comftably. I wouldn't of scored the 1st round 10-8 either I don't think. 3/4 of the round Bisping was on top. Hendo is a fucking boss though, I really wish he could go out on a win.

Who so we reckon is next for Bisping? I hope its mot Rockhold to be honest

• Paid Members

Who so we reckon is next for Bisping? I hope its mot Rockhold to be honest

I think if Jacare beats Rockhold it's going to be hard to deny him his shot. Even Bisping basically said a few times after he won the title in June that Jacare was probably the most deserving challenger.

Then again, Romero has that win over Jacare and he's unbeaten in the UFC. He's got that controversial PED asterisk going against him but if he comes back and beats Weidman, and passes all the tests, again it's hard to deny him.

I don't think we'll hear anything about Bisping's next title defence now until the new year. They'll probably just let Jacare/Rockhold and Weidman/Romero play out and see who wins most impressively/who's not injured etc out of that lot. Unless people suddenly start clamouring for Bisping vs Mousasi but I can't see it.

The fucking result got spoiled for me!

Same here, unfortunately. I forgot to Sky+ it so I opened up a stream this morning, skipped to about 1 hour 30 minutes to watch the main event before I went out, and my stream decided to skip straight to Dana popping the belt around Bisping's waist.

Was there live at a UFC event for the first time and what an awesome show. Bloody surreal being there until that time but great all the same. It had everything you could want from an MMA show. Even in the prelims, the only stinker was the opener.

Great performances from Manuwa and Mousassi and then then everything about the main event was phenomenal. From Bisping's Blur entrance to the fight, the atmosphere, the tension and Henderson riding off into the sunset, it was everything you could have asked for and much better than I expected. Hendo did the most damage but round for round with him not being able to finish it, Bisping definitely won.  

Delighted to hear the ovation at the end for Decision Dan. He is phenomenal and went out on his feet. All credit to Bisping as well, an absolutely wonderful fight.

I remembered that nickname during the middle of last night's fight. It's amazing that Hendo went on to have arguably the most lethal right-hand in the sport. Not in terms of technique or efficiency, but in the sense that he can be in the deepest of water, and rely on it to bail him out. 

I can't see the first round as a 10-8, but Henderson definitely won it. 

Depends on what your scoring criteria is. Hendo roughed Bisping up good and proper in the 1st round. By the end of the round, I was shocked that Bisping was still in it. 

Despite scoring the fight a draw, I felt the right man left with the belt. When you can't split two fighter, the belt should probably remain with the Champion. Plus, despite Hendo's two knockdowns, Bisping was on top for most of the fight. 

Finally got BT Sport, but couldn't hack staying up to watch this. Watched the fight on replay this morning and it was incredible.

Does anyone know how long it takes them to upload the full show, as they only had the main event to watch online as of this morning.

• Paid Members

On Bisping's post-fight promo in the cage, what did he say about Jacare? I got his comments towards Rockhold, Weidman and Romero but for the life of me I couldn't make out what the fuck he said about Jacare. Anyone?

Oh and Bisping's dad is a fucking giant, isn't he? Jesus. I actually half hope we get Bisping vs Weidman next now. Just in the hope that they both bring their dads and the dads get into it at cageside.

S8JFe.jpg

"THAT'S STILL MAH BOY!"

Remember that shit? Weidman's old fella needs a slap for that alone and I think Bisping's BFG looking pops might be just the man for the job.

Well, instead of retiring in front of a sold-out arena in his hometown, holding the title aloft and in the presence of friends and family Bisping will likely end up retiring in a doctors room backstage after he gets his ass kicked by a top contender at some nondescript event in las Vegas.

The old saying that fighters never know when to call it quits and go out on top rings true here. He was almost stopped twice by a 46 year old guy with the testosterone levels of a 80 year old and who resembles a tugboat when moving across the cage.

All of the fighters that Bisping called out beat him handily nine times out of ten.

• Paid Members

I don't know that they ever do, as it goes over to Fight Pass within days now. It'll be repeated tonight or tomorrow on linear, though.

In the past they've had the entire show viewable on the desktop site of btsport within a day or 2.

Same with the BT app.

If you have BT TV they also upload it within a couple days and keep the shows viewable for up to a year on there as well.

Echoing David's sentiments above, I completely agree. Last night was the time for Bisping to go. It would have been perfect, but if he faces Romero, Jacare or Rockhold, he's done for.

Although bizarrely I give him a better chance against Weidman. Standing wise Weidman doesn't have many dangerous shots and Bisping has impeccable takedown defense.

Archived