UFC 204: Bisping vs Hendo 2

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a bit nuts being in the Manchester O2 at 5am isn't it, or do they do this regularly for boxing aswell? I know why they have to do this but it's not something i'd be into. I remember being pretty hammered by the time the main events of 75 and 95 rolled around and that was at a normal time of evening. Would it really have hurt the buyrate so much to do it 7-11 and have the recording on PPV for the Yanks like they use to?

http://www.eventim.co.uk/Tickets.html?affiliate=EUK&doc=artistPages%2Ftickets&fun=artist&action=tickets&erid=1728798&includeOnlybookable=true&xtmc=ufc&xtnp=1&xtcr=1

Tickets available on here. Even the cheap ones .Must have been some released today.

Really tempted to get one and drive up. Sitting here in west brom I'm badly tempted. Problem is I already feel like my bed, I'll have to drive on me tod so I can't have a drink. Everyone's gonna be tanked up and I'll be sober Sally :-) still tempted

Think the Hatton fight happened around 3am. Surely they could have come to compromise and had it abit earlier, met half way.

This is a bit nuts being in the Manchester O2 at 5am isn't it, or do they do this regularly for boxing aswell? I know why they have to do this but it's not something i'd be into. I remember being pretty hammered by the time the main events of 75 and 95 rolled around and that was at a normal time of evening. Would it really have hurt the buyrate so much to do it 7-11 and have the recording on PPV for the Yanks like they use to?

It's happened a few times before in boxing as has been mentioned, the main thing is they want this to be shown live on PPV in the states, if you show it on a recording over there after it's been shown live here for a few hours, you can't be charging them for it. So you could do it it earlier here, put it earlier on PPV over in the States and it barely do any business as too early. I'm guessing they think this card, well the main event alone is something people will pay for regardless.

Anyone on here going to the show? Excuse me if you have already mentioned you are few pages back as I've gone back through the entire topic, if you are, enjoy.

I hope Hendo can win and retire in the best way possible. Is Belfort at 11/4 far too big to not bet on? I've gone with Struve, St.Preux, Belfort and Henderson to win at 22/1.

• Paid Members

Only just got round to watching the Countdown for this. Really enjoyed it. It's a great combination of Bisping's story combined with the story of it being Hendo's swansong. They interviewed Hendo's kids and wife and stuff, it's not just the usual Rogan soundbites. Then you add in the backstory of their first fight and the KO. It's really good.

I've said it all along, I'm a big fan of Bisping and I love that he finally won the title. But I just can't go against Hendo. I can't bring myself to root against him. I'd love to see him finally get that UFC belt. It's the only one that's escaped him and it'd be such a brilliant way to go out.

Another fight of the year contender. This fight had it all - high stakes, atmosphere, great action. I had it a draw. With Bisping winning 3,4,5. Hendo won rounds 1 and 2, and I gave him the 1st round 10-8.

Hendo is really something special. He was only a whisker away from winning the title in the first round - and on a different night - the judges could have easily seen it his way. Oh, and he's 46. An exceptional end to a glittering career. I think that seals his place as a top 5 all-time fighter. Chuffed for Bisping though.This was the night people had envisioned for him for over a decade, yet few felt would actually happen. 

MMA at its best. 

• Paid Members

I'm a fan off Bisping and don't really give a fuck about Hendo but my word...

People look to the 2nd round for a tricky round to score. Rounds 4 and 5 could quite easily been giving to Hendo. 

Don't really give a fuck though. At this pont Hendo neck stiffer than his cock and his off to missionary his wife to death. Bisping gets another chance to cause a upset after surviving one.

THE POWER OF FUCKING GREYSKULL!!

I can't see the first round as a 10-8, but Henderson definitely won it. The 2nd is tough man because Bisping was looking fifty levels above Henderson until old GREYSKULL fucked his life up. I'd still argue it was Bispings, but whatever. 3rd and 4th were Bispings, but the 5th was anyone's.

I know Henderson shook Bispings soul twice, but I don't think he did enough to win that fight. Bisping looked the better fighter and landed more shots over the course of the fight. Hendo might be the real world winner, but Bisping is the sport MMA winner.

Hendo's a freak, though. It's like Victor Meldrew got the keys to Thors Hammer.

St Preux is a freak, too. Mainly because his natural fighting style is too look confused and pissed.

• Paid Members

You always knew the crowd and atmosphere was going to be top notch but the actual fight itself was better than I think anyone imagined it would be. Amazing. Bisping's reign continues but Hendo can hobble off into the sunset with his head high after that. I hope. Or will he think because he nearly done it that proves he's still got it? Nah I think he's definitely done. He seems like he's content that it's over.

I was pulling for Hendo but it was pretty much a no-lose situation for me. At least this way we saw Bisping get his big homecoming title defence, he keeps his 'undefeated on home soil' record and Hendo calling it a day in the cage on his terms was a nice moment that not many legends get.

Sadly, Bisping's run is most likely about to come to a sharp end. He's got to be fighting either the winner of Jacare vs Rockhold 2 or Weidman vs Romero next, hasn't he? And I can't see him beating any of those four. Although I'd fucking love to see him beat Rockhold again! That'd be hilarious if he won the trilogy after how much of a cocky prick Rockhold was going into 199. If there's one thing 2016 taught us, it's that you can't count (pun intended) Bisping out.

Bisping's easily got Fighter Of The Year in the bag for me. Beats Anderson Silva in a war, knocks out Luke Rockhold in the first round to win the title then avenges his worst defeat by beating Hendo in a great fight in front of a rabid home crowd. I don't think anyone else is really close in the running as far as having a better 2016 goes.

I'm knackered and can't be arsed to go into the rest. But Manuwa KOing OSP shocked me. And I think Pickett's about done.

Archived