UFC 204: Bisping vs Hendo 2

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

The first embedded episode for 204 is up. Really looking forward to this fight, amd only a few days to go now. I'd put it in here if I could figure out how.

Henderson has looked pretty shit for a couple of years now though, hasn't he? The only way he beats Bisping is with a lucky shot, for me.

Didn't seem to be much luck involved in the headkick/elbow combination that starched Hector Lombard a few months ago. 

Henderson has looked pretty shit for a couple of years now though, hasn't he? The only way he beats Bisping is with a lucky shot, for me.

Didn't seem to be much luck involved in the headkick/elbow combination that starched Hector Lombard a few months ago. 

Bisping's fight IQ is much higher than that of Lombard though, isn't it? He's not likely to get caught the way Lombard did.

Bisping's fight IQ is much higher than that of Lombard though, isn't it? He's not likely to get caught the way Lombard did.

I know what you mean to an extent - Bisping is generally a smart fighter - but wasn't the big story of the last Hendo-Bisping fight that Bisping kept circling towards Hendo's power hand against all advice and conventional wisdom? It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. On one hand he should have learned his lesson and should be fighting from distance and being patient, but on the other he may be riding a wave of confidence after dusting Rockhold, he may be amped up by the home crowd and he may think Hendo's a bit faded since they last fought. I'd honestly say it's 50/50 as to whether Bisping fights smart or not.

I know what you mean to an extent - Bisping is generally a smart fighter - but wasn't the big story of the last Hendo-Bisping fight that Bisping kept circling towards Hendo's power hand against all advice and conventional wisdom? It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. On one hand he should have learned his lesson and should be fighting from distance and being patient, but on the other he may be riding a wave of confidence after dusting Rockhold, he may be amped up by the home crowd and he may think Hendo's a bit faded since they last fought. I'd honestly say it's 50/50 as to whether Bisping fights smart or not.

Yeah, but that was seven years ago. The Bisping who fought Hendo, Wanderlei, Leben and Rashad is a world away from the BIsping of today in my opinion.

I don't see him making the same mistakes as he did back then. That's not to say that Henderson can't win of course, but I don't see Bisping making it anywhere near as easy for him.

• Paid Members

I don't see him making the same mistakes as he did back then. That's not to say that Henderson can't win of course, but I don't see Bisping making it anywhere near as easy for him.

I agree. And not only has Bisping improved since the first fight, Henderson has sharply declined. Hendo was in the form of his career around the time of the Bisping fight at UFC 100. He's far removed from that now. He's still got that knockout punch and he's fucking fearless so he's always dangerous. But he's slower and more banged up and he's been through a shitload of wars and injuries since 2009.

If he connects clean, Hendo can beat anyone. And I'm including heavyweights in that. His power is brutal. But it's all about timing for me and although Bisping's got a lot of miles on the clock now himself, he's in much better form than Hendo.

• Paid Members

I'm assuming this was the doc which aired on BT Sports last night? just about to stick it on now should be a good watch

Wow. That's one of the best things they've ever produced. I can't recommend that documentary highly enough. Such a great story. Absolutely outstanding. It did the perfect job of getting me excited for Saturday.

Archived