UFC 204: Bisping vs Hendo 2

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, instead of retiring in front of a sold-out arena in his hometown, holding the title aloft and in the presence of friends and family Bisping will likely end up retiring in a doctors room backstage after he gets his ass kicked by a top contender at some nondescript event in las Vegas.

The old saying that fighters never know when to call it quits and go out on top rings true here. He was almost stopped twice by a 46 year old guy with the testosterone levels of a 80 year old and who resembles a tugboat when moving across the cage.

All of the fighters that Bisping called out beat him handily nine times out of ten.

Whilst I don't doubt this, I'm sure the extra cash he makes will help soften the blow.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who do people match Manuwa up with? That was easily the biggest win of his career over a guy ranked #5th in a fairly competitive division, coming off of a competitve bout with Jon Jones, Jimi looked fucking great to man. 

Manuwa vs Bader next for me, presuming that Bader gets through Noguiera.

Was there live this morning - mental. The Manuwa and Mousasi finishes were absolutely superb. The Roberts vs Perry fight was pretty insane, and Alcantara looked phenomenal.

The main event was stressful but thought the winner was pretty obvious. Had it as 49-46 Bisping myself (taking 2, 3, 4, 5) but can see an argument for 48-47.

• Paid Members

Who do people match Manuwa up with? That was easily the biggest win of his career over a guy ranked #5th in a fairly competitive division, coming off of a competitve bout with Jon Jones, Jimi looked fucking great to man.

In terms of rankings, availability and who he's yet to face, the obvious answer to me is Glover Teixeira.

However I worry for Manuwa against the top of the division and it's because he's very singular in his attacks.

If he could only throw combinations I honestly think he could be deadly.

You even saw last night it took an eternity for Manuwa to follow up on each of the strikes he landed successfully including the shot that put OSP to the floor.

It was still an excellent performance from Manuwa mind you, but I think OSP was a good match up for him stylistically.

In terms of rankings, availability and who he's yet to face, the obvious answer to me is Glover Teixeira.

However I worry for Manuwa against the top of the division and it's because he's very singular in his attacks.

If he could only throw combinations I honestly think he could be deadly.

You even saw last night it took an eternity for Manuwa to follow up on each of the strikes he landed successfully including the shot that put OSP to the floor.

It was still an excellent performance from Manuwa mind you, but I think OSP was a good match up for him stylistically.

True although there's the argument Manuwa made after the fight saying instead of just going all out when he rocked OSP, his coaches had informed him to be careful as that's when he's gonna start swinging but you're on the money with his attack being pretty singular. Used kicks effectively last night though.

Anyone catch Diakiese on the prelims? Looks like one worth keeping an eye on over here.

• Paid Members

They usually do winners vs winners in terms of last fights.

Can see OSP getting Teixeira next on that basis - though Gustafsson needs to get matched up so it could be either Bader or one of them for him.

Normally they do, but rankings and previous fights do count.

An example I would give is Gustafsson facing Manuwa himself after the loss to Jones and Manuwa beating Ryan Jimmo.

Glover is in the top 4 of the division and just came off a number 1 contenders fight with Rumble.

That said if Bader does win the match up is good too.

• Paid Members

A couple of things I forgot to mention.

An aggressive Mousasi is a fucking special sight. His stand up had always been incredible but for too long he's been happy enough to stand behind his jab.

Adding aggression at this stage of his career could see the guy run close if not win the title. Great to see.

And Belfort showed some real grit as that head kick followed by the ridiculously accurate punches from Mousasi was utterly brutal.

Well, instead of retiring in front of a sold-out arena in his hometown, holding the title aloft and in the presence of friends and family Bisping will likely end up retiring in a doctors room backstage after he gets his ass kicked by a top contender at some nondescript event in las Vegas.

The old saying that fighters never know when to call it quits and go out on top rings true here. He was almost stopped twice by a 46 year old guy with the testosterone levels of a 80 year old and who resembles a tugboat when moving across the cage.

All of the fighters that Bisping called out beat him handily nine times out of ten.

Whilst I don't doubt this, I'm sure the extra cash he makes will help soften the blow.

Depending on who he fights i'm not sure the cash will make all that much of a difference, especially when he's taking more & more damage in his fights now. His right eye is fucked up, and he's came out of two of his last three bouts looking like he's been hit in the face with a hammer.

Seriously, he made Dan Henderson look like a legit contender and threat, and he looked as though he could have been put away every time that right hand so much as breezed past him.

Age or whatever though I still think Hendo's power makes him a threat to anyone. Really he offered little to nothing other than the bombs he was throwing but there just so stupidly powerful compared to most others in the company (Only Rumble comes to mind as probably more powerful) that when one connects your lights are out, he does it in such fashion to that literally any punch of his could be one.

Archived