UFC 204: Bisping vs Hendo 2

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

There's a Bisping documentary on BT Sport 1 on Monday night/Tuesday morning at midnight. It's a one hour thing called Michael Bisping: My Destiny. Get that set to record, should be good.

Edit - they're showing the Bisping vs Anderson Silva fight on Thursday night at 9pm as well on BT Sport 2.

And they're showing the Post-Fight show immediately after the 204 main card on Sunday morning.

Good stuff all-round.

The Bisping story is one of the best in MMA history. 

If he beats Hendo on Saturday night, I hope he calls it a day. It would be the perfect way to end his career. 

Retiring with the belt around his waist, his biggest lost avenged and in front of a hometown crowd? It doesn't get much better than that.

Which is why he won't retire, and will end up calling it quits after being battered by Luke Rockhold at some generic UFC PPV in Vegas most likely.

I sort of get what you're saying, but I don't really get why you're saying it.

I understand fans clamouring to see fighters on a down curve call it quits, but Bisping's performances have done nothing but improve.

I don't think we should jump to retire him just because of his age. He's still performing at a high level. The list ahead of him of names who should pack it in is pretty long.

I know he's been making good money for a while, but (if he beats Henderson) he'd be daft to pass on massive money at least once - presuming he now gets PPV points. Especially so if he does end up getting that GSP super fight that both are wanting. Legacy is all well and good but being able to treat your family and yourself to a good life after fighting should probably top that.

That said anyway, Bisping is the kind of guy that doesn't back down from a challenge and loves proving people wrong, if he had the chance to try and beat Weidman I think he'd take it.

It's not as if his career would be remembered for retiring with the belt or for being beaten by say Weidman/Romero, the thing that people will remember is what has happened in the last 8 months - a screenwriter couldn't have wrote that journey any better.

• Paid Members

Bang on, MOM. Realistically, while Bisping will probably still have his decent paying UFC Tonight gig once he retires, the big money will always be him fighting. As MOM rightly points out, he's now on a champ deal with the alleged PPV points and other perks of being the man.

Plus, even if Bisping wasn't the champion, he's still one of top ten middleweights in the world. If we've learned anything throughout Bisping's career, it's don't be silly enough to write him off. Bisping claims he feels he's getting better all the time and it's hard to deny, given the year he's had thus far.

Once the decline comes then it's maybe time to walk away, but it's not happened. The more than average average guy has bills to pay and money to make.

If he decides to walk away then I imagine it's mostly due to him being set up financially, rather than legacy. I imagine his family is more important to him than his legacy.

• Paid Members

The other thing to consider is his acting career. Whilst I wouldn't go so far to say it's taking off it does seem healthier than ever with roles that don't necessarily go to your everyday mma fighter.

He's just finished a few films including the new xxx film and a new biopic on the life of Lenny McLean.

David's 2nd paragraph sums it up. I have sinking feeling that Weidman or Rockhold would beat him convincingly. I'd rather he went out on top. This would be the perfect opportunity.

That's exactly my point. Even his most ardent fan would agree that him beating Rockhold was a "lightning in a bottle" scenario, wasn't it? If he beats Henderson he's facing a legit top 5 guy next, and the chances of him winning are pretty fucking slim. 

After that? He'll probably retire then, which will be kind of sad seeing as he could have went out on a win in his hometown (in theory).

• Paid Members

David's 2nd paragraph sums it up. I have sinking feeling that Weidman or Rockhold would beat him convincingly. I'd rather he went out on top. This would be the perfect opportunity.

That's exactly my point. Even his most ardent fan would agree that him beating Rockhold was a "lightning in a bottle" scenario, wasn't it? If he beats Henderson he's facing a legit top 5 guy next, and the chances of him winning are pretty fucking slim. 

After that? He'll probably retire then, which will be kind of sad seeing as he could have went out on a win in his hometown (in theory).

Or he could take the PPV-point money as champ, which he's had none of to date. Imagine he defended on a McGregor show - he'd be set for life, even if he lost.

• Paid Members

I hope he starches Henderson out and lays an extra dig or two to finish the deal, seeing Bisping knock outHenderson would be my top moment of the year so far

Yeah, Id love to see that. Then see him beat Weidman. We can dream, I suppose.

I reckon he beats Hendo though.

Or he could take the PPV-point money as champ, which he's had none of to date. Imagine he defended on a McGregor show - he'd be set for life, even if he lost.

Oh yeah, obviously if there's money on the table from him fighting on a big show that's different. I said in my original post that he'll likely retire after losing on a generic PPV in Vegas.

If there's the chance of a big fight card then he should obviously go for it. If not though, there's few better ways to walk away from a sport that very few walk away from on their own terms and at the heights of their career.

Archived