UFC 204: Bisping vs Hendo 2

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Yeah, but there's a reason why he's moving and reacting like he's 60 years old when he's actually only in his mid-40's.

Truth is, whilst 46 is old in MMA years, it isn't really in normal life. I don't know many folk who are 46 that move, look and talk like he does. The guy's all manner of fucked up I think.

Without doubt. It's wear and tear after 46 professional fights on top of his amateur wrestling career. 

I mean christ, I've been doing competitive sports since I was kid where I've played football, tennis, badminton and Squash, and my knees and ankles are fucked. If i sit down for more than an hour when I get up I feel stiff as a board.

God knows how someone who's done as much as Henderson feels after years and years of being battered in practice and in competition.

I also question just how much coming off TRT did to Henderson after years of use too. Internally he's probably got the testosterone level of a 70 year old. 

However, even will all this, he still has a massive chance of winning on Saturday with that right hand. 

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Dadbod Belfort for the win!

Seriously, that's what you call a noticably drastic contrast. Not the silly comparisons Rogan tried to make about Aldo after the loss to McGregor. Or the Dos Anjos side-by-sides which were comparing pictures of him clearly out of camp to UFC promo pics which were probably taken on a fight week when he was in the absolute peak of his condition.

Weigh in pictures compared to weigh in pictures is a fairer way to look at it. And Belfort of 2016 looks like a raisin compared to Belfort of 2013 whose piss probably glowed in the dark.

At least he finally got rid of that awful mohawk.

Yeah, but there's a reason why he's moving and reacting like he's 60 years old when he's actually only in his mid-40's.

I watched the most recent embedded and Henderson walking around the Ehitad reminded me of the Dude walking around the supermarket in his dressing gown at the start of the Big Lebowski. 

• Paid Members

Ian Entwistle's pulled out of the show due to a weight cut related illness or something. So his fight with Rob Font has been scrapped completely. And Reza Madadi pulled out with an injury recently and has been replaced by Lukasz Sajewski.

Final lineup looks like this...

PPV MAIN CARD

Michael Bisping vs Dan Henderson - Middleweight Title

Vitor Belfort vs Gegard Mousasi

Ovince Saint Preux vs Jimi Manuwa

Stefan Struve vs Daniel Omielanczuk

Mirsad Bektic vs Russell Doane

FOX SPORTS 1 PRELIMS

Brad Pickett vs Iuri Alcantara

Davey Grant vs Damian Stasiak

Albert Tumenov vs Leon Edwards

Lukasz Sajewski vs Marc Diakiese

FIGHT PASS PRELIMS

Danny Roberts vs Mike Perry

Leonardo Santos vs Adriano Martins

Those pictures of Belfort make me ever the more thankful that Bisping became Champion. When Bisping was gobbing off in late 2011 about MMA being a PED league, it was easy to dismiss his complaints as sour grapes. 5 years on, and things look very different. As Bisping has admitted himself, he's far from a saint. However, he was probably one of the few fighters who played by the rulebook in an era where it was commonplace to cheat the system.

Hendo receives similar plaudits from insiders. In 2007, Josh Gross painted him as a clean man playing a dirty man's game. Despite his flirtation with TRT raising a few eyebrows, he hasn't really done anything to detract from that reputation. 

My alarm will be set for 4am when I go to bed on Saturday evening. Looking forward to it!

• Paid Members

Nice work, MOM. You've got to assume guys like Hendo and Belfort aren't going to be around that much longer, and as we know this IS supposedly it for Hendo, so chances to meet them probably won't be as regular soon.

What was Hendo like (apart from John Wayne, obviously)? My brother and best mate met him in Dublin at UFC 93 and said he was cool as fuck and surprisingly funny.

• Paid Members

Just left the weigh ins. Dan Henderson looks so fucking old. Watching him shuffle onto the stage with the whole crowd booing genuinely felt uncomfortable. He turns his head like Kurt Angle, too, turning his whole body rather his neck. He must creak when he gets up in the morning.

And yet, I think he's got a real good shot of winning. I can't wait for tomorrow.

Nice work, MOM. You've got to assume guys like Hendo and Belfort aren't going to be around that much longer, and as we know this IS supposedly it for Hendo, so chances to meet them probably won't be as regular soon.

What was Hendo like (apart from John Wayne, obviously)? My brother and best mate met him in Dublin at UFC 93 and said he was cool as fuck and surprisingly funny.

He was pretty cool, super laid back. Posed for everyone's pictures and had a laugh with people. Definitely a bit of an aura around him, the way he carries himself.

Mousasi, on the other hand, it took about 10 seconds for me to realise it was even him. Even his walk was boring.

Archived