Jump to content

All Purpose Weather Moaning Thread (hot weather is class)


Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Night-times are brutal. I can't breathe out my nose, I'm sweating like Harry Kane trying to play Scrabble, the fan on full-blast does nothing. As much as I appreciate Global Warming killing 95% of the world's bees, if a Scotsman is having to look into getting AC surely we've fucked with nature too much?

Edited by CleetusVanDamme
  • Paid Members
Posted

Absolute shite for us night workers, this. It's bad enough sleeping at night but try doing it in the day Mon to Fri. Can't we just have winter already? It's dark when I wake up, it's dark when I go to work and it's still dark when I'm going to bed. Its fucking brilliant.

Posted

It's 16 degrees and it's been pouring down non-stop since I woke up at 9am, so why am I struggling with the heat way more than when it hit 38 degrees a couple of days ago? Last night was bloody awful, too. Woke up in the middle of the night absolutely drenched, as if I'd just got out of the shower. This really is a fucking ridiculous state of affairs.

  • Paid Members
Posted

It's because there's no breeze at all. So it's taking about 3 days for house temperatures to catch up to the outside temperature. It's still sweltering in our flat with every bloody window and door open.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Had a BBQ planned next weekend and OF COURSE that's when its going to be pissing it down, so I'm going to have twenty folk squeezed into my impeccably small house during a humid day. The Great British Summer is back to normal.

Edited by Accident Prone
  • 3 months later...
  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Right. We're fucked up here. A bit of rain and everything goes to pot. Roads closed. Rivers burst their banks.

Any of my Yorkshire brethren feel my pain?

Nothing like the scenes from Sheffield  but our front garden is pretty much a pond at the moment. Had a swim across our footy pitches at lunchtime to see how they're looking for the weekend. It's pretty much rained for 6 weeks.

Edited by tiger_rick
  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

It's pretty much rained for 6 weeks.

Same in the saaaf east. I can't remember a period of such prolonged rain down here. 

  • 3 months later...
Posted

Just opened the back door to let the dog out and the bins are all over. This storm can fuck off now as far as I'm concerned.

It's pretty bad in God's Own County, but I presume there's plenty worse than us. There's been a few fallen trees and one escaped trampoline local to me but that's it.

It's still getting on my tits though.

  • Paid Members
Posted

The wind just flew me off my bike and a bus had to slam on the brakes to stop from slamming into my splayed body. Can't quite process what just happened. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Yeah I think so. Knee hurts, elbow hurts, ripped the arm of my suit to fuck but I'll live. Fucking weather- was hoping the trains would be cancelled today so I can work from home, but no!

  • Moderators
Posted (edited)

Fuck. That's scary man. Glad you're ok. Keep an eye on the knee and elbow.. If they start to hurt more once the shock wears off they might be worse than you realise atm.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...