Jump to content

All Purpose Weather Moaning Thread (hot weather is class)


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

How long is your garden for it to cost £3k to fence??

140ft

2 companies quoted that figure on Saturday, but will get more quotes. Apparently it's because they have to dig out all existing concrete posts. And since I'm on a corner and the fence is roadside, I need a sturdy 6ft fence panel and not the flimsy ones I'd use on other sides.

Edited by MPDTT
  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, Glenryck Pilchards said:

You will have to get out quick. It will turn to rain around 9am and will soon melt.

Thankfully no sign of rain here yet. Picture can’t make it out but it’s still pretty heavy snowfall still. I’m probably more excited than most.B4BB89B7-C9C1-45C6-B49F-EC7ADA42047E.thumb.jpeg.3628f423f818fe69f32de1947208effe.jpeg

Posted
6 hours ago, MPDTT said:

140ft

2 companies quoted that figure on Saturday, but will get more quotes. Apparently it's because they have to dig out all existing concrete posts. And since I'm on a corner and the fence is roadside, I need a sturdy 6ft fence panel and not the flimsy ones I'd use on other sides.

£3K seems about right, most places start at 50 quid a metre of fence, adding in new posts, will take it up to 60. So at approximately 46 metres at 60 a metre brings it to £2,880.

Posted
8 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Thankfully no sign of rain here yet. Picture can’t make it out but it’s still pretty heavy snowfall still. I’m probably more excited than most.B4BB89B7-C9C1-45C6-B49F-EC7ADA42047E.thumb.jpeg.3628f423f818fe69f32de1947208effe.jpeg

The first pic you posted looked very familiar to me. I am newcastle based as well so we could be neighbours for all we know. 

Posted
4 hours ago, Rey_Piste said:

£3K seems about right, most places start at 50 quid a metre of fence, adding in new posts, will take it up to 60. So at approximately 46 metres at 60 a metre brings it to £2,880.

Thanks. Useful to know (if somewhat disheartening). 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Fuck this weather. Bored shitless. Football cancelled because of it, can't really go out in this. I swear the windy storms have all waited until the weekend to appear.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I can't remember the last time it wasn't windy. Gets on my tits more than any other weather. If it gets the Heaton Moor market cancelled tomorrow I'm going to be fuming.

  • Paid Members
Posted
21 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Fuck this weather. Bored shitless. Football cancelled because of it, can't really go out in this. I swear the windy storms have all waited until the weekend to appear.

You're not that far from me - it's really sunny here. Think you might get the same shortly.

  • Paid Members
Posted
36 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I can't remember the last time it wasn't windy. Gets on my tits more than any other weather. If it gets the Heaton Moor market cancelled tomorrow I'm going to be fuming.

It's the worst. Rain serves a huge purpose, snow can be fun but wind? Fuck off, no redeeming qualities barring a bit of wind power.

18 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

You're not that far from me - it's really sunny here. Think you might get the same shortly.

Yeah the sun has come out now. So I'm in my second set of clothes for the day (after my last lot got soaked and caked in mud checking the pitches) and about to at least get some shopping done. This weather is karma for how shit the country has been over the past few years.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Yeah the sun has come out now. So I'm in my second set of clothes for the day (after my last lot got soaked and caked in mud checking the pitches) and about to at least get some shopping done. This weather is karma for how shit the country has been over the past few years.

Did you get hail just before that? That's what we had.

EDIT: Well, that sun went bloody quickly. Now grey and hailing like fuck.

Edited by Carbomb

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...