Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, BigJag said:

Errrm. You guys have taps that dispense water in your homes right?

Are these quantities of fizzy liquids the bulk of your liquid intakes?

Yep. I do drink about a litre of water per day, plus whatever amount of water is in Pepsi Max.

I don't drink enough water in general. When I was in Benicassim a few years ago at a festival, we were all sitting at a cafe about 14 days in when somebody pointed out they'd only ever seen me drink Fanta Limon (and alcohol) during the entire trip and it was then that I realised I hadn't drank water in 14 days.

16 hours ago, PunkStep said:

I know you've put a lot of stuff in your body over the years, but my god this is worse than all of that put together. Four litres a day of that mouth rotting shite!

I'd say it's an improvement, overall. It's my only vice (except coffee, nicotine and sometimes - on occasion - cocaine.)

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

plus whatever amount of water is in Pepsi Max.

I'm not convinced that you can count that as part of your daily intake of water. I certainly wouldn't. Not with the other stuff that comes with your intake of Pepsi Max.

I heard a Dr say during a radio interview, that water shouldn't be your sole source of fluid intake. It should however be the bulk of it.

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

plus whatever amount of water is in Pepsi Max.

Great that you’re necking litre of water Spurs, but that line there is sublime. I wish it worked like that. It’s like classing fruit pastels as part of your 5 a day.

”3 Double cheeseburgers please, I’m keeping up my calcium intake”

4 litres a day?  I thought I drank a lot (maybe 1 litre a day).  I read a story recently about a woman who drank 10 litres of Coke a day for 20 years, then changed to Diet Coke for a while, then when she decided she didn't like Diet Coke she just stopped drinking it altogether!

A guy at work says "prospective" when he means "perspective." It happens quite a lot and I can't unhear it. Also in an email thread the other day, he asked for "calcification" of some details, helpfully this was sent to some foreign clients, so let's hope they're good at phonetic extrapolation...

• Paid Members

Reason I haven't been posting much is because Mumzie had a massive heart attack and collapsed in the kitchen. I had to do the chest compressions to the Paramedics arrived. I must have been on auto-pilot. Scary, scary moment. I'm thinking about getting some beginners style medical training in Scotland. Anywhere good? Mumzie is fine now. She is doing remarkably well for somebody that died three times in about ten hours. She'll make it.

P.S. All the NHS people I've met have been great too.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members

Very sorry to hear that Baz, it must have been incredibly frightening for you both. I can only imagine how something similar would affect me, and I wouldn't be coping very well that's for sure. So I'm glad to hear she has pulled through and is on the mend man. 

• Paid Members

Sorry to hear about your mum, bAz, but glad she's recovering.

As to the medical training, perhaps look for your nearest St. John's Ambulance branch; they offer free First Aid training, I think.

• Paid Members

Sorry to hear that Baz, glad your mum is on the mend.

The links below might be of help in terms of getting some training, or at least they might be able to direct you to somewhere else. 

https://www.redcrossfirstaidtraining.co.uk/Where-we-train/Scotland.aspx

https://www.firstaid.org.uk/

EDIT - What Carbomb said, also. St Johns is a good shout.

Edited by mim731

• Paid Members

Absolutely. Must’ve been fucking terrifying, amazing how instincts kick in like that, even when you’re guessing.

The advice above are great routes for free training. Stick with well known charities such as above. Some private companies try to charge for this kind of thing, which is equally ridiculous and baffling.

As all have said, lovely to here she is recovering well mate.

• Moderators

Jesus, bAz, what a terrifying situation. All the more reason to be super proud of yourself for doing such a bang-up job and keeping Mumzie ticking. Much like 'er indoors from Minder, or Captain Mainwaring's wife, Mumzie is the great unseen figure of this place. She's never posted, yet through your anecdotes, is a UKFF member in spirit.

Wrap up the Good Egg award, lads, nobody's going to top that.

Edited by Astro Hollywood