Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Maybe, but you’re clearly of those high quality toys from our grand parents era that outlive the owners, and that collectors lose their shit about.

A bit of oiling and tinkering every year, that’s all.

Ive possibly inadvertently called you a rusty old fucker. 

Hahaha, really, thanks man, that's made my day.

If it's Monica Bellucci or Christina Hendricks (or both) doing the oiling and tinkering, I don't mind being a rusty old fucker.

1 hour ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

Are you suggesting we pack him up in the attic and just get him out on special occasions, but don't let the grandkids touch him?

1 hour ago, Tommy! said:

Sound advice for both parties I reckon. 

49 minutes ago, Sergio Mendacious said:

No, we put him on Antiques Roadshow, and are secretly disappointed by the valuation.

You lot may be disappointed to know my family reached that conclusion years ago.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Sergio Mendacious said:

First one is always a letdown. Second time’s the charm.

Cadbury's chocolate isn't quite what it was after Kraft took over, which may be partly responsible.

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

Cadbury's chocolate isn't quite what it was after Kraft took over, which may be partly responsible.

There was an article recently where a guy bought a Cadbury's biscuit selection box, and found that most of the "stacks" were only one or two deep. He took them all out of the tray, stacked them all together, and posted a pic of them online: they didn't even amount to half a regular packet of Marylands. Seems Kraft have been on this tip since they took over.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

The Greatest Man Alive, King Billy, has had his Donkey Kong scores wiped by the nerds.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/02/donkey-kong-scoreboard-strips-billy-mitchells-high-score-claims/

Fucking shitty pricks.

Discussion about it in the ‘what you play’ thread boss.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members

It helps if they remember to use the correct doesage if anaesthetic.  I suppose a next generation version of an X-ray would be the dream. Can’t imagine it would be cost effective however.

Anyway, here’s a Simpsons short about Homer having a colonoscopy. It’s an awareness video for stand up to cancer.

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, Carbomb said:

There was an article recently where a guy bought a Cadbury's biscuit selection box, and found that most of the "stacks" were only one or two deep. He took them all out of the tray, stacked them all together, and posted a pic of them online: they didn't even amount to half a regular packet of Marylands. Seems Kraft have been on this tip since they took over.

It's rationing. Don't you know the world is going to run out of chocolate?????? Click here to see what chocolate looks like now.

Edited by tiger_rick