Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

On 20/09/2017 at 5:04 PM, simonworden said:
8 hours ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

So, my upstairs neighbour now thinks I'm, like, an abuser. Which is awkward. Not looking forward to the next time I run into her in the lift.Ā 

My cat pissed in the bed. I was in the bed at the time so I got pretty angry and loud. This cat has caused thousands of pounds worth of piss-damage since we've had him, so I feel like it's justified. However afterward my girlfriend got a message from the neighbour asking if she was OK. Worse, we took over and hour to reply and the reply was badly structured so it totally seems like we spent time coming up with and typing out a bad cover story. Damn.Ā Ā 

You really shouldn't be allowed to keep pets.Ā 

• Paid Members

I've been absolutely ragging myself silly since Christmas, after a fairly non existent December on the freelance front, seemed like every single client i've ever worked for needed stuff in January, meaning i've been balls to the wall, averaging around 4 (5 on a good night) hours kip - usually broken!

I got the flu a couple of weeks back, and ended up spending the entire weekend bed ridden, unable to muster the strength to sit upright - when I did, my headache was so intense I immediately had to lie down again.Ā  I just assumed that was part of whatever was wrong with me, however, i've since come to realise it was most likely caffeine withdrawal.

SInce our second son was born, i've been drinking Pepsi Max almost exclusively.Ā  Whilst telling myself I wasn't 'addicted' to it, nothing else ever hit the spot or appealed when I felt thirsty, leading to me downing up to 3 bottles or 5 cans a day.

Anyway, point of my story is, i've been better for a few days now, no ill symptoms, however, every fucking night, regular as clockwork, come 7pm i'm out cold.Ā  I've had to resort to good old fashioned 'gypsy washes' the past two mornings because i've slept for around 11 hours solid three nights in a row.Ā  I just can't stay awake any longer.Ā  I don't know if that's me still recovering physically, or that i've just been artificially propping myself up all this time, but it's pretty scary feeling such little control over your consciousness.

Just a word to the wise lads.Ā  Fucking look after yourselves.Ā  No cunt'll thank you for killing yourself day in day out, however much you tell yourself you 'must get everything done'.

It's pretty remarkable what the body is capable of when you push yourself, but it does and WILL reach a point of saying 'fuck this mate' and the results are no fun at all.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Paid Members
58 minutes ago, John Matrix said:

SInce our second son was born, i've been drinking Pepsi Max almost exclusively.Ā  Whilst telling myself I wasn't 'addicted' to it, nothing else ever hit the spot or appealed when I felt thirsty, leading to me downing up to 3 bottles or 5 cans a day.

Man in the mirror stuff here like.

Im without a doubt addicted to Pepsi max, but enjoy it too much to really challenge it and easily get through a 6 pack or a 2ltr bottle in a day. Itā€™s shocking. I must say, I donā€™t drink coffee, so this is my equivalent, in excess.

My stomach isnā€™t always great and I average 4-5 hours per night and have convinced myself thatā€™s my optimum... is it fuck.

I have cut down, not enough but a bit. I also know of 3 other people who claim they are fully dependent on it to get through the day.

Have you cut Pepsi Max out John?

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

I drink around four litres of Pepsi Max Cherry, every day, these days.Ā 

I'm starting to wonder if there isn't some secret ingredient they're not telling us about.

Which would mean we already know!!!!!

The plot thickens...

But 4ltrs man, wow. Apart from your limbs snapping and stuff, how do you feel in general?

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

That Pepsi intake is madness, at least its not the sugary stuff I guess but still.. if this isnā€™t incredibly weird to ask isĀ your pissĀ a normal colour?Ā Ā 

Yeah absolutely, rusty bronze.

Mine started due to lack of a water dispenser at work. Only a hot tap, also Farm foods do 72 cans for about Ā£15. So thatā€™s where the ā€˜addictionā€™ started for me. I donā€™t drink it at home, only work, but yeah, not as bad as I was with it.Ā 

I was concerned until I read Spurs post.Ā 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

I drink around four litres of Pepsi Max Cherry, every day, these days.Ā 

I know you've put a lot of stuff in your body over the years, but my god this is worse than all of that put together. Four litres a day of that mouth rotting shite!