WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

You've been watching somebody else play a farming simulator on YouTube? Christ, I'd be looking forward to watching Death In Paradise too after that!

I usually have something on as background noise while I'm doing something else. It helps me concentrate. 

• Paid Members

I’ve mentioned this before but my Dad is obsessed with the farming game, he’s got 500+hour saves on each game since 2015. He’s so protective over it as well, the Grandkids aren’t allowed anywhere near it and he’ll even hide the game discs when my ten year old nephew visits. Can’t have that little shit spending any of his precious $$$! 

I see him every couple of weeks but our only text conversation goes like this. Presumably his last message is the name of a trophy or perhaps he’s just a big show off 

F7362C54-08D9-45F5-B301-453CC61AF3F7.jpeg

That sounds like my Dad who gave me years off "aren't you to old to be playing those video games" then in 2006 I was helping him set up his new computer and it had a free copy of Tiger Woods PGA Golf with it. I pointed this out to him and he seemed non plussed but I installed it for him anyway and he became obsessed with the whole series. Buying it and rinsing it every year. Dispite the fact he doesn't play golf, watch it on TV or like computer games. 

Edited by Cousin Jim Bob

On 5/8/2020 at 10:06 PM, MVP RULZ said:

I however have already lost countless hours to Cities:Skylines, damn that game is addictive once you get going on it and time just flies, Its always I'll just build this road and fix this Issue, then whilst fixing that something else pops up which leads to another thing and another thing then you've unlocked the next level of buildings and so on and so on 

I tuned it on the other night around 9.30ish and  thought I'd get an hour or so in before bed and the next thing I knew it was 1.30 in the morning

Has anyone played the Switch port of this? I’m tempted to get it as it seems right up my street, but the reviews I’ve read online have been rather mixed.

• Paid Members

Had a hundred coins on my Nintendo ehop, and a friend tipped me off to a game called Superola. It's a runner platform thing. You play a llama/alpaca saving the world's hamburgers from the alien hotdogs. There are a lot of "nods" to retro games and memes, it's a pleasant enough distraction for what amounts to a quid. 

• Paid Members

Finished Horizon Zero Dawn after taking a 2 year break from it for some reason (I think I needed to uninstall stuff for other games so off it went)

Really enjoyed it, but it suffers from the same thing I hate in most other openworld games - when you open the map it's just overwhelming the stuff you can do. I basically just ignored everything and did the main questline (I was level 48 by the end of the game and the level rating thing said you only needed to be about 28 for the last mission). 

The bowplay is incredibly done, and I liked the world. I hope HZD2 is a PS5 launch title because I definitely will be getting it. 

Never quite finished it (also probably needed to clear up some space) but I thought Zero Dawn was definitely one of the better done open worlds and I didn't feel particularly overwhelmed. Might be because I really liked the lore and the world building.

Combat is definitely ace.

Ubisoft games are probably the worst when it comes to being overwhelming. Bloody love AC Odyssey but fuck me now that is an overwhelming open world.

Now I need to download Zero Dawn again but I'm determined to finally finish Valkyria Chronicles 4 before moving onto something else.

Anyone played Persona 5?  Considering buying it tomorrow, I haven’t played any in the series so will I be confused in regards to previous happenings and characters from the get go? 

Just looking for something time consuming before My Last Of Us Part II pre order arrives.

• Paid Members

Streets Of Rage 4 is pretty good. Played a bit with my lady tonight. Got to stage 10, playing on Normal. The combo system is nice. The challenge of only  having 3 lives each is interesting. Might crack through it on Easy so I can unlock arcade mode and really start ramping the points up.

It's not  as good as Streets Of Rage 2, but it's worthy of the name. It's easily a s good as Bare Knuckle 3.

6 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Anyone played Persona 5?  Considering buying it tomorrow, I haven’t played any in the series so will I be confused in regards to previous happenings and characters from the get go? 

Just looking for something time consuming before My Last Of Us Part II pre order arrives.

The two things I hear about it that always put me off is that its about 130 hours long (even longer in (Royale) and that there's a bit where you have to look up a Japanese school girls skirt. Anything turn based is an instant no as well for some reason. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

The two things I hear about it that always put me off is that its about 130 hours long (even longer in (Royale) and that there's a bit where you have to look up a Japanese school girls skirt. Anything turn based is an instant no as well for some reason. 

I played through P5 on release because I loved 3+4, and I thought it was really great. It is really long, though. I am tempted by Royale but also money. 

I don't recall ever having to look up a school girl's skirt though - did I miss some secret content!?!

Tbf some of the outfits are a bit eesh, and there are penis monsters. 

• Paid Members

Bloodstained: Ritual Of The Night is currently at half price on the PS4 store (£17.49) and it's an absolute steal.

It's massive love letter/spiritual sequel to Castlevania: Symphony Of Night, and was headed up by a former Castlevania producer.

I've been struggling to put it down, it's an incredible and a welcome distraction.

If you're into your 2D platformers, buy it.

If you're into Metroid and Castlevania (and dare I say, Metroidvanias), buy it.