Survivor Series 2015 Spoilers and Predictions

The Clint

Paige vs Charlotte: This just didn't work. I can't help but feel that Paige just isn't main roster ready. Compared to her contemporaries (and given her experience level) she doesn't produce the goods on a consistent basis. The crowd had that low murmur and not in a good way.

I'm giving it about an hour until Ricky is in here, telling us we don't know shit, his daughter's not insufferable, the worst regular diva on the roster and that she's not had her tits done.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think its the actual predictability of the shows, because lets face it wrestling has always been pretty predictable IMO, it is the creativity and how they get to their conclusions that bugs me the most nowadays.

As kids we always knew Hulk or Bruno or whomever was eventually gonna win in the end, but it was HOW they got there that kept us gripped to the TV and We don't have the creativity in the shows that we once did.

• Paid Members

Although I don’t watch the weekly TV, I’ve always kept up to date of the going-ons via the WWE website. I also watch the PPVs via the WWE Network (not missing one since Hell in a Cell 2014) and because I don’t watch the TV, think I enjoy them all the more for it (since any pertinent events are recapped before each match any way).

Survivor Series was the first PPV I finished watching and felt like I hadn’t watched a good show. None of the matches were great from a technical standpoint; the tournament semi-finals and finals were predictable; Undertaker & Kane vs. the Wyatts just didn’t feel special despite all the hype of it being Undertaker’s 25th anniversary leading into the match; and a Sheamus cash-in was half-expected because he would have been an absolute chump not to cash in on the second occasion the champion had gone through two matches in the same night.

I think the only surprise of the show was Charlotte retaining—I thought Paige was going to win the Divas title for some reason.

• Paid Members

It was a poxy show, no doubt about it, but I thoroughly enjoyed Reigns and Del Rio. I cannot stand Del Rio normally, but thought him tremendous last night.

Everything else was septic, and I just cannot believe what they are doing to Wyatt, who is arguably the best promo - and a good wrestler to boot - in the company right now.

I was so geared up for either an Ambrose or Reigns heel turn, so I was actually quite surprised that they took the most innefective, heat sapping option possible in having Sheamus cash in.

Shame on me for actually expecting something positive and exciting though. You'd think I'd have learned by now.

And I'm disgusted with myself for being so negative and down on the product, but it truly is fucking hard to stand by it these days.

Someone mentioned the crowd reaction beating pretty tepid. As I said previously, for me I totally saw the swerve coming. So I guess the majority were waiting for it to happen, and were less inclined to buy into the moment. It seems that's the thing nowadays. We've seen so many false starts with Punk, Bryan and now Reigns, that when they are built up, we are just waiting for the next swerve instead of soaking in the moment and "believing " in it. And it leads to apathy and low ratings as most folk know it's a matter of time before they fuck someone else for whatever idiotic reason.....

• Paid Members

As has been mentioned elsewhere, the best heel WWE has is in the Dudley Boyz playing a nostalgia character from the late 90s. If you want a short term heel who can get people to hate him and cheer the babyface, its madness Bubba Ray Dudley isnt playing his Bully Ray character right now. He's about 50 times better as a heel main eventer than Sheamus.

• Paid Members

You know WWE will never be willing to give a main event run to an ex "bingo hall" wrestler who they had nothing for 10 years ago and let be made on national TV something else by TNA. People can argue all they want about about TNA meaning less than shit, but when RVD came back to WWE he was nothing more than a midcard after leaving as a former champion, Samoa Joe is still in NXT, they passed on Styles and such, Bubba Ray should be happy enough to have a contract that isn't being paid for by Dixie.

As for WWE, I miss the days when you could believe a champion was a champion, when the likes of HHH, The Rock, Stone Cold etc barely ever lost so they were the top guys. Even in kayfabe terms, they trained tougher, they were more experienced, more cunning, stronger, this is why they were the top guys.

Considering Sheamus 2 weeks ago was losing to the Lucha Dragons and hanging around with someone who got knocked silly by a footballer, is there really any chance anyone could believe him to be a credible champion? Rollins was a chicken shit, but he had protection. Sheamus is massive yet hasn't won on TV for a month before last night and was made to look a dumbass during the elimination match.

When the top of the card now has Reigns, Ambrose, Sheamus, Bray Wyatt (again made to look a fool), Kevin Owens, Del Rio and Ryback its no wonder people have lost complete interest in the product. Cesaro is about to have surgery according to reports so there goes another name they could build, but there's 7 names who all had any credibility they had being built up continuously ruined by a fear of pushing them or having to make a move from Cena, Orton, HHH, Taker.

Its nice to see WWE have well and truly WCW'd themselves.

A thoroughly disappointing show throughout. The ending was madness. Really amateurish booking, like a complete parody of the Orton cash-in on Bryan a couple of years back. There really is little wonder why ratings are in the gutter if this is what they're putting out. First PPV I've watched completely since Wrestlemania, and even then I FF'd nearly a quarter of it. That'll be it now until the Rumble.

The Undertaker tag match had some good moments but it felt like something you'd see on Smackdown, not a PPV semi-main event and Taker's 25th anniversary.

The one thing I did notice was that Dean Ambrose was leagues above everyone else on the show. Oh, and as Rick mentioned, that arcade gaming TLC video was awesome.

I remember periods in the late 2000's and right at the start of this decade where there was some utter shit WWE put out, but they had hardly any decent performers on the roster for most of that time. The amount of talent WWE have at their disposal now is insane, they've got no excuse. NXT aside, when it comes to booking the main shows, WWE have no idea what they're doing anymore. 

When WWE and wrestling is at it's best, it's not just the matches that stand out. It's the promos, characters, angles, storylines, costumes that you remember too. They're failing on almost all of these.

I think whats the most frustrating thing is that this is coming from a company that used to be great at making stars - even if it was just organically listening to the audience and running with it. It's not like we are dealing with TNA, who never made anyone a money drawing star and, infact, devalued every single one of the genuine money drawing stars they had - this is WWE/WWF, a company who, when they got things right, got it right in huge way!

Sadly it seems they are genuinely so apathetic about their own product these days they have given up trying or they are employing people who are absolutely clueless about the wrestling business and long term storytelling. Reigns turning would potentially give them a years worth (okay, lets say 9 months in the current climate) of fresh, decent money matches (as much as any match is money nowadays, anyway) as I highlighted before and it would have given the stale product a little boost for us long term fans. Sheamus v Reigns will last all of 3 ppvs (which seems the norm nowadays) and then its back to Sheamus v Cena and Sheamus v Orton (which have both been done to absolute death!).

I'll still watch, because I'm a wrestling fan and that's what I do, but Sheamus as champion was the WORST scenario they could have gone with - THE WORST!!

Ugh reason number one that the MITB fad should be ended, shitehawks like Sheamus winning the title an hour or so after acting like a goof before the Survivor Series match. I actually didn't mind Reigns winning despite how predictable it was as I'm a fan of his and it's been in the making for nearly 2 years. What I found most stupid was the spear on Triple H, he didn't need to do that, just walk away and enjoy the victory

Taker/Kane v the Wyatts i also didn't mind as I really can't stand they Wyatts and the act just seems really stale even with a 4th man now

It was nice seeing Goldust back on the pre show but it felt a bit watered down because all 20 participants across the two matches were not known until introduced

Divas match was meh, the whole thing with the Reid references on Monday killed it for me

Unless they do something memorable on Raw tonight, I think its fair to say the slump is going to continue going into Wrestlemania season

Archived