Survivor Series 2015 Spoilers and Predictions

The Clint

Forgot to mention I watched this back on the network earlier today and its pretty annoying when the match finishes with 12 or so minutes left to play for the show, it was obvious something was happening, would much rather it goes over 3 hours for the surprise factor than go 20 or so minutes short where its obvious what will happen. Even the fans in the front row were all looking towards the ramp waiting for something to happen. 

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a broken record when it comes to this stuff, but again I feel like the "hold everything until Wrestlemania season!" mentality just ruins everything. Sheamus screams placeholder until the Rumble. Maybe something like Reigns winning the title there and Brock winning the Rumble happens? I don't know. Either way, WWE is incapable of just letting a story reach its natural conclusion without trying to stretch it one way or the other. Last year (to speak in WM seasons) they screwed Reigns by rushing him to the top when people didn't want it, this year they've missed a great chance to have the fans accept him as champ, even if it was somewhat more reluctant than it should be. Now we face the prospect of 4-8 weeks at least of Reigns getting on everyone's nerves with his done-to-death title chase, killing the slight momentum he had. I mean, I actually think he's improved a fair bit since Wrestlemania, but his current character does not hold up well to overexposure. Watching a show centred on him will be tough.

I can't help but feel that a better ending would of been Sheamus cashing in to make it a triple threat in the last 30 seconds, kicking Ambrose's head off, and pinning him.

Then whilst the commentators play up the idea that Reigns has been screwed again in the exact same manner, have him go fucking berserk. Spearing and superman punching officials, destroying the commentator's table, swearing on air, etc (almost like a homage to Bret's Survivor Series meltdown if you want) and have Sheamus flee in utter fear of this madman.

Then the following night on Raw, Triple H suspends him for unprofessional conduct, allowing Sheamus vs. Ambrose to happen, whilst Reigns trains like a beast (via highlight packages) and talk about how he's going to return to rip the bloody beard right out of Sheamus' head.

• Awards Moderator

I haven't actually watched this show. I woke up this morning and thought 'should I read what happened or just watch it later', and the build up had been so uninspiring I thought I'd just read what happened. Despite the fact I have the show just sitting there on the Network waiting for me, I couldn't be bothered. And I'm kind of glad I didn't waste my time on it, from the sounds of this thread. It's really sad to see that this show has produced so much negativity and disappointment from everyone on here - a bunch of people who want to love their wrestling so much. It's not even entertaining in the way the reaction to Royal Rumble this year was - it's just sad to see so many of us so down about WWE.

• Paid Members

Ha!

Where my 'of logic' went I don't know.

Makes sense.

I understand what they see as the logic, but if they think the fans actually want Roman on top.... well, logically they should have just done it last night. There's only so many times a guy comes up short before you accept that he's a Luger. I mean, loser.

See Del Rio for proof, when he first arrived it was all about his fate to be champ, time and time again he failed, to the point his gimmick was fucked because of it. When he got the strap no one gave a shit.

WWE have fucked up on Cesaro (post Andre battle Royal especially), Ryback, Rusev Daniel Bryan to a certain extent, Bray Wyatt HUGELY in my opinion, Reigns has now been shit on, Rollins became a dumbfuck pussy under the Authority, Ambrose went from lunatic fringe to nothing of note, Owens has had similar treatment.

They have all this talent, and something is holding them back from pulling the trigger 100% on any of them, and Rollins with his title run is included in that, he's a gimmick for The Authority's gain.

It's no wonder there's a lot of trepidation about being called up from NXT.

Even the Divas are concerned, why get called up as a Diva to go against a Bella/Paige/Tamina or shit, when you could be putting on top matches and proving your credibility against Bailey. Neidhart is the only 'old school' Diva that can go with the trio that moved.

Mrs Cena won't be wanting that.

When NXT makes perfect sense the vast majority of the time, you have yo wonder why WWE get is so so so wrong at every level. Vince needs to step aside, still hold the power but put faith in a new generation backstage that has already instilled faith in the new generation of performer, and people who have an inkling of what the new generation of fan away from kids and Cena would be happy to invest in.

Survivor Series, and the abortion of a show it was proved that serious changes behind the curtain need to be made.

EDIT: Just to add, keep providong for those and kids and Cena, money is money afterall, and Cena is the only real superstar on their roster.

Then the following night on Raw, Triple H suspends him for unprofessional conduct, allowing Sheamus vs. Ambrose to happen, whilst Reigns trains like a beast (via highlight packages) and talk about how he's going to return to rip the bloody beard right out of Sheamus' head.

They haven't got the roster for Roman Reigns to just disappear bar highlight packages. He's the closest thing to a star they've got, and they need babyfaces to put in those main events every week. Otherwise they end up throwing the divas on last and having to come up with crass dialogue to try and justify the positioning.

They haven't got the roster for Roman Reigns to just disappear bar highlight packages. He's the closest thing to a star they've got, and they need babyfaces to put in those main events every week. Otherwise they end up throwing the divas on last and having to come up with crass dialogue to try and justify the positioning.

Although I see your point, I did say they could focus on Ambrose as the top face in his absence.

• Paid Members

He was until he failed going for the belt again, and closed one of the big four crying like a girl. I don't buy him now and I think a lot of others won't.

• Paid Members

When Roman won and there was still loads of time left I almost laughed at the prospect of them actually going down the Sheamus route. In fact, I was so convinced that they'd never be so predictably shit that when Hunter's music hit I expected him to come out in trunks and boots. That would've been a fucking moment. Would've made Roman look a million dollars if Hunter tried to win the title from him and failed. Instead Roman looks like the biggest chump in the world. Again. Who the fuck would root for this loser?

What fascinates me the most with what they did is the mindset behind it. It genuinely felt like they'd had a long discussion about how to make Roman a star, tried to think of the last star they'd made, realised it was Daniel Bryan, and so decided to rehash Summerslam 2013 exactly. I honestly wouldn't put it past them to think the way they booked Bryan in the winter of 2013 is what made him such a star, rather than him becoming a star in spite of that booking, and so their plan is to just do it all again with Roman. He'll be a member of the Wyatt Family by Christmas time.

They should have just went all out last night and had Reigns beat Ambrose clean, twat Triple H and overcome them odds by pinning Sheamus during his cash-in. That's the Reigns I want, not some loser fat losers can relate to.

Losers can't relate to Reigns. Punk had people who could relate to him. Bryan had people who could relate to him. Reigns looks like the guy who most men would trade their left nut to look like, he's too cool to relate to. They can't go that route because it's just not him. He needs to go his own route, which is intense likeable badass. The most annoying thing is that he would be so easy to book. No talking, just batter everyone and not give a fuck. That is literally the easiest character to book.

I suppose when fans continue to boo Reigns they will still just blamed for trying to be edgy?

• Awards Moderator

Reigns put in good work, occasionally great work, all night. Playing the arm across both matches, locking it back into place during the Ambrose match, showing off his guts and strength. But he loses his moment of glory and the crowd are deflated. I'm very lenient with WWE booking at the worst of times, as the long view tends to play out well whether by design or fluke. But I can't see positives in not giving Roman his turn in the sun.

Like Branquey, I was really impressed with Del Rio. His physique was a shade better, he had fire in his eyes and he was responding to the crowd. A glimmer of the wrestler he should be, the Million Peso Man.

I don't know what the best way to celebrate the fact it was Undertaker's 25th anniversary would have been.

But a standard tag match in which the main aim was ensuring he & Kane got their timing right when sitting up in unison, chokeslamming people in unison, and raising their arms in unison probably isn't it.

Archived