Survivor Series 2015 Spoilers and Predictions

The Clint

The only way Reigns will get that mega face reaction when he wins the title will be if he beats Sheamus, when he beat Ambrose in that ridiculously short match no one even cared. Sheamus being a prick for a month and Roman being hurt might do him good in the long run. 

We all knew Sheamus was cashing in the very moment the world title tournament brackets went up two weeks ago, if anything the whole thing was predictable from the moment Seth hurt his knee. When was he going to cash in? No chance between Rumble/Mania which only leaves May/June. I reckon Roman was always beating Seth at SS and Sheamus was going to cash in anyways. 

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'll still watch, because I'm a wrestling fan and that's what I do

This sort of thinking is hurting the product more than anything WWE brass can come up with as they'll shove anything on the screen knowing they'll still retain this core audience.

When a band I listen to releases a shite album, i don't keep listening to it. If they release another lackluster effort then i just stick to the older stuff and explore pastures new. My top 5 favourite bands of all time haven't really released anything decent in years and i'll only fleetingly go to their recent schtick just to check up on them.

The point of my slapdash metaphor is that i'm not wasting my precious time with a product that's proven to have their best days seemingly behind them. I watch the monthly specials because i'm subbed to the Network for NXT and the older archives so i might aswell give it a go (very, very similar to my Spotify subscription usage) but that's all the time i'm giving them. Try putting your wrestling hours into non-WWE avenues (it's not as cringe worthy a concept as it used to be) or even go cold turkey and put your energies elsewhere. Be happy for fucks sake.

This sort of thinking is hurting the product more than anything WWE brass can come up with as they'll shove anything on the screen knowing they'll still retain this core audience.

When a band I listen to releases a shite album, i don't keep listening to it. If they release another lackluster effort then i just stick to the older stuff and explore pastures new. My top 5 favourite bands of all time haven't really released anything decent in years and i'll only fleetingly go to their recent schtick just to check up on them.

The point of my slapdash metaphor is that i'm not wasting my precious time with a product that's proven to have their best days seemingly behind them. I watch the monthly specials because i'm subbed to the Network for NXT and the older archives so i might aswell give it a go (very, very similar to my Spotify subscription usage) but that's all the time i'm giving them. Try putting your wrestling hours into non-WWE avenues (it's not as cringe worthy a concept as it used to be) or even go cold turkey and put your energies elsewhere. Be happy for fucks sake.

The slight difference in your analogy is the "band" aren't getting a monthly payment from you by having a Spotify account. WWE are still getting directly paid even if you don't watch the product on TV but watch and pay for their Network. 

• Paid Members

The slight difference in your analogy is the "band" aren't getting a monthly payment from you by having a Spotify account. WWE are still getting directly paid even if you don't watch the product on TV but watch and pay for their Network. 

Sure they do; as far as i'm aware, the band is paid whenever you listen to them. So when i listen to their older material or dip into their new records they are seeing a financial gain. I don't go to their live shows much like i used to or buy any of their merch so they're not recieving the full financial gain that they actually want. Surely WWE make more money from live shows and merhandice sales than the Network? Much like a band makes more money from those things than me listening to them on Spotify.

Is it just me who thinks the B-PPVS have beaten all the 'Big 4' this year besides Mania? And that had to be worst of the lot. First actually bad one in a good while. Didn't look like a great card to begin with but didn't anticipate nearly falling asleep in that stretch between the tournament semi final and the final. Crowd did too.

What annoyed me most, at the time but even more in retrospect was the 5 on 5 match. You know Sheamus is gonna be champ by the end of the night so you have him look like a clown and not even eliminate Jey Uso? Heels absolutely should have cleared the faces in that match, with a valiant effort in the end from Ryback or Kalisto. Once New Day left the match just died.

Xavier's hair doe.

Couple of points I took from the show, thought the semi-final matches were the highlight.

1.Why didn't they have Sheamus cash in during the match, thus protect Ambrose and delay that big first title win for Reigns, am I missing a something, is there a loop hole that the cash in has to be on a Champion, surely it can be done if the belt is vacant. Just seemed a waste to give Reigns the win, confetti and emotional reaction to kill it dead.

2. Xavier Woods haircut and Kofi's little boots had me laughing right the way through the survivor series match, I love New Day

Sure they do; as far as i'm aware, the band is paid whenever you listen to them. So when i listen to their older material or dip into their new records they are seeing a financial gain. I don't go to their live shows much like i used to or buy any of their merch so they're not recieving the full financial gain that they actually want. Surely WWE make more money from live shows and merhandice sales than the Network? Much like a band makes more money from those things than me listening to them on Spotify.

Fair point. I was maybe thinking a bit too literally in that the band owned the whole streaming service.

• Paid Members

1.Why didn't they have Sheamus cash in during the match, thus protect Ambrose and delay that big first title win for Reigns, am I missing a something, is there a loop hole that the cash in has to be on a Champion, surely it can be done if the belt is vacant. Just seemed a waste to give Reigns the win, confetti and emotional reaction to kill it dead.

They already did the cash-in during the match this year. It needed to be the way they did it to give it any semblance of meaning. They did the big moment and then it all got taken away cheaply. I'd rather Reigns killed Sheamus and cemented himself as the champ. What happened instead is not original but it was well executed (if blatantly obvious) and if it was a different heel then I'd be annoyed with it for the right reasons.

If that was Wyatt, Ambrose, Owens or even the New Day then it would have been a gauling moment but the outcome of an angry Reigns chasing a great heel for the belt would have been fine. Instead we've got fucking Sheamus holding it. He's ice cold. They got bored of him about a week after he came back. As SBA said this morning, this is worse than Rollins and that was fucking bad (due to them more than Seth).

Reigns needs to turn up tonight, wreck the place up saying he was no.1 contender before the tourny and is owed a match, Sheamus has no choice, gets squashed.

That won't happen though, instead Reigns will come out all pissed saying how once again he was THIS close and got screwed over, Trips comes out and says that he would have been more understanding had Reigns not speared him after winning the belt, that all this could have been prevented had he joined the Authority blah blah blah and he has to start again at the bottom of the ladder but he will get his chance to get his hands on Sheamus in a tag match tonight on Raw (Barrett/Sheamus vs Reigns/Ambrose). 

Exciting. 

Something about the pacing and flow of the women's match didn't seem right. As though it was originally planned to go half the length it went for and they got told to stretch it out to twice as long. The finish came from nowhere and I actually thought Paige called an audible.

Edit: In fairness, Undertaker's entrance was epic. The casket on the tron with the images of him inside looked great.

Archived