Survivor Series 2015 Spoilers and Predictions

The Clint

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Mentioned after Raw on Monday that it would be a shame if Cesaro wasn't on the show. I've long been of the opinion that Cesaro doesn't have "it" to be the man. but holy fuck when I see Sheamus walking out with the belt, I'd take Cesaro as HHH's hired gun over this any day of the week.

What truly summed up that PPV was that Del Rio was on the card and yet Cesaro wasn't even on the pre-show. Fuck me, you want a big guy who looks good in a suit, can wrestle and is crying out for a helping hand gimmick wise, put Cesaro as your Authority Champ ... anyone but Seamus

Cesaro has knacked his shoulder and is out 4-6 months.

• Paid Members

Dunno if this has anything to do with it Rick but Gerweck (lifted from somewhere else, surely) claim he has to have shoulder surgery soon. JR tweeted about it too, saying it'd be a shame for him.

Edit: MOM got there first

I think we are now hitting peak WCW and to some extent the network is making it even worse by making WWE even more nostalgic. The only people who seem protected from a booking standpoint are The Authority and The Undertaker. Even Cena has spent most of the year having scrubs kicking out of the AA on Raw.

Reigns wins, and although they crowd didn't exactly go wild at least they didn't take a steaming dump all over it which after booking a face vs face match rather than the preferred Reigns v Rollins route is about the best you could have hoped for. I didn't object to HHH and Sheamus coming out but why have them win? Just have a babyface going over for once, it's not that hard. People desperately want a babyface reign...it's been years now and the heel champion is getting so boring.

Feel bad for all the lads working their asses off night after night and still only getting crumbs from the writers/booking. All last night did was confirm that they have no faith in Ambrose, Reigns, Wyatt and Owens. Bizarre. Raw is going to have to be very good to redeem this but I have zero faith in them to pull it off.

• Paid Members

That ending....fucking hell. Despite being mostly anti-Reigns at the end you felt like they were on the verge of actually making him there. If he had beaten Sheamus it would have been perfect. But seriously, how can a company full of blokes with years in the wrestling business think that was a good idea? Sheamus has been a joke all year, why would The Authority even want him as Champion?

Just complete dog shit.

Ambrose being on the verge of victory, Reigns nut shotting him or something heelish and aligning himself with HHH.
'Ambrose got screwed', 'Ambrose was on the verge of achieving his dream' Reigns is the monster heel champ who has proved himself to the Authority by beating everybody put in his path. HHH and Stephanie 'You REALLY think we would want a scruffy, jeans wearing lunatic representing our company!?' Give Reigns the smart suit, the million dollar make-over. He can be the cool-as-fuck silent assassin while HHH and Stephanie talk him up as the true face of the company going forward. Reigns can say he 'Didn't sell out, he bought in' and make a dig at Rollins being too 'brittle' to be the champ. Rollins has a reason to be babyface when he comes back as he has been replaced by Reigns as Authority figurehead and was being used all along by the Authority. Heel Reigns has months of fresh matches with Ambrose, Cena, Orton, Cesaro, Undertaker, Bryan (if he ever returns) and the rematch with Lesnar with roles reversed. Eventually, they can turn Reigns face if the fans get behind him as a 'cool' heel like they did when he was in The Shield and have him v HHH, which I reckon would draw. I'd say you've got yourself at least 9 months to a years worth of matches there with that scenario.

Its SO simple - why did they have to fuck it up!?

What's really scary is that they actually like Roman Reigns.

He's their ch ch chosen one, their golden boy, and yet they still book him to look like an absolute fucking goof. How many times now has he been "screwed" out the title? 4? 5?

When they fuck up other people the rationale was always well they don't really care about them, but they obviously care about Reigns a lot. They just don't know how to make stars anymore. It's over.

Agreeing with everybody else so far - there isn't one match anyone would go back and watch, I don't think. Taker/Kane v the Wyatts was a house show exhibition. So disappointed in it. The elimination tag match is hard to get behind when you've no idea who is in it until it starts, and the heel team are mainly a heel comedy act. I skipped Charlotte v Paige and Ziggler/Breeze. The semi-finals were alright, I enjoyed the endings anyway.

The main event...it was good to see Ambrose and Reigns just batter each other, treating their opponent like any other guy. It wasn't a long match though, was it? Like most, you could tell by the time that something was kicking off after the confetti fell. Even when the second Brogue Kick hit I was certain Reigns was kicking out. But no. I agree with everyone else. Dog shit. So, so unoriginal.

• Paid Members

Well that's me done till the Rumble.

See the problem with that for me is the excitement around the Rumble is the "anything can happen" vibe, the intrigue about who's going to win and what's going to happen at Wrestlemania.

After last night (and considering the booking of the last 2 Rumbles) I have no faith they'd come through with anything remotely interesting. Vince McMahon has completely lost it.

Main Event: Just got going and was beginning to become interesting when it finished. Sheamus as the champion shows just out of touch the main brand is. Its amazing that the same company that created NXT produced this bullshit. I can't tell if it's Sheamus' look, attitude or general ring work that I detest but he has the charisma of a cucumber. 

Reigns vs Del Rio: I liked this match. Probably the better match on the card. I supposed this is because I don't really like either man so they came up with sequences and a match that surprised me. Del Rio looks in great shape. 

Ambrose vs Owens: Could have been much better. That's not to say that it was appalling because it wasn't. Compared to previous outings with different opponents it didn't quite live up to expectations.

Paige vs Charlotte: This just didn't work. I can't help but feel that Paige just isn't main roster ready. Compared to her contemporaries (and given her experience level) she doesn't produce the goods on a consistent basis. The crowd had that low murmur and not in a good way.

Taker & Kane vs Wyatts: Crap... it was a way of getting Taker on the card. I would probably have knocked the Women's Match and replaced this with Lesnar vs Taker HIAC (got rid of the HIAC PPV completely), stuck it in the main event and given the fans a feel good Undertaker win on his 25th year. 

Elimination Survivor Series Match - Team Ryback vs Team New Day: This was fun and New Day is one of the better acts on the program at the moment. It was what wrestling should be... just entertaining. It is easy to analyse every match but it takes away from the overall experience. Kalisto really impresses me and is reminiscent of Rey Mysterio circa 1997 (in terms of personality and likability). 

I still believe they should have had the Royal Rumble as the World Title Match (like 1992). They could have had a reason to have the tournament (number 30 perhaps) or even stuck to traditional survivor series matches last night, save for the aforementioned HIAC match they could have put out. It would have bolstered the Rumble Match - grabbing a few more buys - and they could have had a load of NXT, WWE and Old School talent to make it a cracking Rumble Match... But no... they stick the title on Sheamus (yawns)

Archived