Survivor Series 2015 Spoilers and Predictions

The Clint

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's not a new theory. That was always the explanation for the McMahons been fucking everywhere during the latter days of the Monday Night Wars.

Depressing if it means the useless cunts are staying around.

You still had genuine stars knocking about then, though. These days it truly seems like they don't want people to get over, and that's not coming from an anti-WWE perspective either. I want them to do well, it's just all so... depressing.

• Paid Members

Genuine question, are there any examples of otherTV shows or movies where the bad guys always fucking win and the good guys always look like twats? It's the least satisfying viewing experience possible.

If you're into your "soft-core" Shannon Tweed-esq movies, I refer you to the "Body Chemistry" movies on Youtube.

• Paid Members

This came up a few months ago but again, I think the biggest factor is when we could see the quarter hour ratings, the authority figures, including Brad Maddox (RIP) were always in the top rated segments, because people know to expect that's when the big stuff happens.

They also shit themselves exactly this time last year when the Authority was "banished" by Team Cena at Survivor Series and they thought the ratings were hurting without them on the show.

Genuine question, are there any examples of otherTV shows or movies where the bad guys always fucking win and the good guys always look like twats? It's the least satisfying viewing experience possible.

Eastenders? Poor Billy Mitchell has been a face for years but always losing out to the bad guys. Ian Beale another one who's had shit luck although Beale is an opposite to Cena, he isn't meant to be liked but we all love him anyway. 

Eastenders is a decent comparison actually, it's such an unsatisfying experience for that very same reason. Every time I catch an episode it's nothing but misery.

It's why Heartbeat was so good. Ace intro music, you got riled up for most of the show by the baddies who looked like they were going over, you had a bit of eye candy, some comic relief, and the goodies always got their comeuppance at the end of the show. 

That's not a new theory. That was always the explanation for the McMahons been fucking everywhere during the latter days of the Monday Night Wars.

Depressing if it means the useless cunts are staying around.

You still had genuine stars knocking about then, though. These days it truly seems like they don't want people to get over, and that's not coming from an anti-WWE perspective either. I want them to do well, it's just all so... depressing.

Isnt that basically true though and in some ways a sound business model? For atleast the last decade or so Ive seen it as trying to get the company and brand over rather than individual stars. You cant really blame them when every major star seemingly pisses off to do other stuff anyway at some point.

Well given the record low ratings, terrible creative and the general interest level in WWE at next to nothing, I don't think it's the soundest business model. It's a star driven business, especially when you're targeting the people who aren't necessarily subscribing to the network or going to shows, but might under the right circumstances. Everything's homogenised to the point of tedium, but you still get the die-hards/masochists like most on here who'll stick through it no matter what. You've got to have to stars, characters that grab the casual fan who's flicking around during the football, that boost ratings. You can't not try and create them, or only try and create one (as they're doing now), it's lunacy. What value is your brand if nothing worthwhile ever happens and nobody can be arsed with it anymore?

Archived