Survivor Series 2015 Spoilers and Predictions

The Clint

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got done watching the show.

Went exactly as we all predicted it would about 3 weeks ago.

The booking of that 5on5 match was all arsebackwards, the Wyatts just stood there like a bunch of stuffed animals and watching Eric Rowan take a pasting and the main event was done and dusted before it even had chance to properly get going.

I said a few months back that Ziggler looked some kind of Rock of Ages rejected. He seems to have completely gone with that now as he looks a right bellend.

I mentioned before that the show looked poor on paper going into it, and it really was.

Reigns comes out to a negative reaction straight from the off, which is still than the no reaction that Del Rio got.

Ambrose seems to still be incredibly over despite doing bugger all this year outside of knick the belt for a couple of weeks.

The women's match was just full of awkward silence.

Joint highlight of the night for Kevin Owens' "Chinlock City Baby!" And this

BC4925B0-CBC9-411E-9A49-B83DCE008E26_zps

Seriously, what the hell is that!?

• Paid Members

I thought it said 39th, either way no-one believes him.

This got a chuckle too

FDB20DB8-3F2D-4439-B71A-C168F66CE3D1_zps

What the hell is that supposed to even mean?

I don't remember ever actually listening to their podcast but I saw the Chairshot Podcast tweet about it being a reference to their show this morning:

https://twitter.com/ChairShotPod/status/668941391108702208

Long time forum visitor, first time poster, apologies for the length in advance.

So here’s the thing.

WWE recycled the same finish they used for Bryan-Cena at Summerslam a couple of years back. Now I know sometimes in wrestling, the WWE wants the crowd to react with ‘Oh no, he’s the champion’ however at Survivor Series they reacted with ‘Oh no he’s the champion?’ There’s a subtle difference.

It was very lazy booking. I know the audience can get into a babyface chasing the title but they’ve had a heel champion since April and there’s only so many times you can pull the rug from under the audience’s feet before they say ‘stuff this’.

And, let’s talk about the heel champions. I like Rollins, good matches and entertaining enough guy, however he was booked so weakly it was untrue. He’s your champion, why have him jobbing out repeatedly or always weaselling out of things – give him some good wins, make him look like a threat. I know not everyone can be booked like Lesnar but he was booked like Barry Horowitz.

Then, then… there’s Sheamus. Bloody Sheamus. The guy who on the very same PPV was treated as a midcard comedy act and was jobbed out. Why would the audience see him as credible as a world champion?

It wouldn’t be so annoying if they didn’t have other options. They could have gone with either Reigns or Ambrose turning heel and working with the Authority. Look at their roster at the moment. Who are their heels?

The current top heels in WWE at the moment are Triple H and Stephanie who bizarrely enough sometimes act as outright faces during segments.

If Triple H is your best heel option in 2015 then WWE’s much talked about talent development isn’t working or more accurately the talent they have is misused to a criminal degree.

Other heels? Wyatt genuinely had something early on but now drifts from feud to feud cutting the same sort of promo, actually with the Undertaker it’s near enough exactly the same as he cut before the Mania match the two had that WWE doesn’t mention anymore. What other top line heels do they have who haven’t been made to look weak this year?

To me, it’s now treading water until the Rumble when hopefully they can kickstart Mania season. 

Alvarez made the argument on WOL yesterday, that the reason the Authority are the focal point of the show is because they got burned by stars leaving for Hollywood/Ramsey Street/getting injured/etc. So the only way they can guarantee to keep the heat inside the company is by putting it on people that will never leave. If that really is WWE logic (and it's highly plausible), then it's pretty depressing but it does explain a lot.

• Paid Members

Alvarez made the argument on WOL yesterday, that the reason the Authority are the focal point of the show is because they got burned by stars leaving for Hollywood/Ramsey Street/getting injured/etc. So the only way they can guarantee to keep the heat inside the company is by putting it on people that will never leave. If that really is WWE logic (and it's highly plausible), then it's pretty depressing but it does explain a lot.

That's not a new theory. That was always the explanation for the McMahons been fucking everywhere during the latter days of the Monday Night Wars.

Depressing if it means the useless cunts are staying around.

Archived