Rewatching ECW - discussion of various bits and bobs

IANdrewDiceClay

1 minute ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

Even then, that fans are cheering for heel Sandman over Dreamer frequently for the rest of the feud.

Dreamer to his cred is really good in that angle, he doesn't even 'Tommy Dreamer it', though he gets really close delivering that piss awful Kevin Bacon line. 

Woman saves it by being a brilliant twat in that angle. 'Come on Tommmmmyyyyy'.

Edited by Chili

• Paid Members

If you can squeeze an extra few months in, August 94 with the NWA title tournament and the switch from Eastern to Extreme is a logical point. You do then get all the build of the three-way tag feud to the Three Way Dance show, though admittedly the main effect of that is to see why it was such a bummer when Sabu didn't show up. Then again, Sabu disappearing and returning is the key to the Taz feud.

Dreamer always stood out as being the absolute shits even back when I first started watching ECW.  Brought everything he was involved in down a level and was so far below the likes of Raven, Sandman, Sabu and Taz in terms of charisma, promos, in-ring etc. that I used to dread him showing up and stinking things up.  All he really had going for him was Beulah and a great entrance theme.  It's a crime he's managed to milk another 20 years out of being the one ECW guy that wasn't worth stealing. 

52 minutes ago, Version1.0 said:

Wrestlepalooza 98 

Shame Douglas vs Al Snow

What was that?

I know Steve Corino can barely move but what was Al Snow doing?

Dreadful. 

I missed the issue of Powerslam for that month so didnt have the review but when my monthly GWI video list came out ( or who ever owned it then ) and I saw the state of the star reviews I gave it a wide berth. Never even bothered for free when I had the Network as the card looked horrific either way and I watched barely any ECW anyway with no original music