Rewatching ECW - discussion of various bits and bobs

IANdrewDiceClay

1 hour ago, wandshogun09 said:

I did a little review of that Tajiri vs Crazy ‘Death Match’ earlier in this thread. I loved their whole series of matches whether it was in singles, tags or 3 ways with a Guido or Lynn thrown into the mix. They were great together and I thought that ‘Mexican Death Match’ was probably the best of their rivalry. This was my favourite bit, what a bastard…

DC86EF04-EDD7-4B10-BEF6-BE20F7E6AA96.gif

This. This match is absolutely delightful. Tajiri is the most vicious little prick in this match. The spot where he just hoofs chairs into the crowd not giving a toss is marvellous. 

• Paid Members
On 5/6/2022 at 11:59 PM, The King Of Swing said:

There was still some really good stuff going on in ECW even if it was falling apart behind the scenes.

There was. Some. But there was also Danny Doring & Roadkill as tag team champions, Chilly Willy, far too much Baldies, turning Jerry Lynn heel and Justin Credible and Steve Corino getting runs on top. The gulf in quality between how they started 2000 and how they left it was ridiculous.