The Relationship Thread

Ron&Hermione

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, martinQblank said:

Quick story and question 

Chatted to this girl for a couple of weeks, finally went out at the the weekend had a great time. She text me the next day saying what a great time she had etc. Bit more quiet on the Sunday, even more so next day and then for a day nothing. Text earlier today doing the old "how are you?" And again nothing.

Half tempted to just say- you're obviously not interested, was nice meeting you but then don't want to be a dick. Also not going to hang around if she's not interested.

Thoughts? 

Don't push it. A couple of days gone quiet doesn't mean she's not interested, particularly if she's texted you to tell you she had a great time. Certainly not worth rushing to conclusions and fucking yourself over by sending that text.

She could be busy, could have any number of other things going on in her life that have meant that replying to "hi, how are you?" isn't a top priority.

I'd say leave it until, at the very least, Thursday/Friday, if not the end of next week, and asking her if she has anything planned for the weekend. That way you don't seem desperate for chasing after her day after day, and it's a less open-ended and more purposeful question than "how are you?", so more likely to elicit a response.

• Paid Members

Out of curiosity Kat, have you ever been with either a girl who's in to Meth, or a girl with a Willy?

You sound nonchalant about it which is admirable, but considering you said "1 or the other", would either of which be deemed brand new additions to your sex catalogue?

I don't think I could put up with a meth head like, just not up for the potential baggage that comes with it. However, I'm not in to Willy's either, so yeah, we'd have ended as friend too. Did you have any indication that she was trans before she mentioned it?

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

I used to have some mates who'd smoke it and I think I might have tried it once or twice as a teenager. Honestly I don't really remember as that was kind of a hazy time of my life. I just know that now as an adult it's not something I'd want to do.

Never been with someone who has a willy, it doesn't really appeal to me. Haven't been in a situation where it was an option though, so it isn't something I've put any thought into.

She was absolutely stunning and judging by pictures/videos I wouldn't have had a clue she was trans unless she'd told me

Edited by UK Kat Von D

• Paid Members

I was with a girl for a while that smoked a lot of meth. I then also smoked a lot of meth. Good for spending several hours having sex/wanking on but never finishing.

EDIT: She wasn't Thai, by any chance?

Edited by SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

EDIT: She wasn't Thai, by any chance?

It just twigged that this is probably referring to a long-established stereotype, but on first reading I thought you'd just had a revelatory moment where you realised you might have dated the same girl.

• Paid Members
Just now, BomberPat said:

It just twigged that this is probably referring to a long-established stereotype, but on first reading I thought you'd just had a revelatory moment where you realised you might have dated the same girl.

Ha. Yeah, the girl I was seeing was Thai but she didn't have a willy.

4 hours ago, BomberPat said:

Don't push it. A couple of days gone quiet doesn't mean she's not interested, particularly if she's texted you to tell you she had a great time. Certainly not worth rushing to conclusions and fucking yourself over by sending that text.

She could be busy, could have any number of other things going on in her life that have meant that replying to "hi, how are you?" isn't a top priority.

I'd say leave it until, at the very least, Thursday/Friday, if not the end of next week, and asking her if she has anything planned for the weekend. That way you don't seem desperate for chasing after her day after day, and it's a less open-ended and more purposeful question than "how are you?", so more likely to elicit a response.

I agree with not constantly sending messages as that comes across like a weirdo/desperate/clingy but at the same time I think its a poor excuse for somebody to not reply either, I get things go on in day to day life but only a few seconds to respond to a message, even if its something like "Hi, I'm good, I'll give you a call in a few days" is better than nothing.

It would be worse though if you whats app'd her and you saw those two blue ticks. 

Edited by Briefcase

• Paid Members

In fairness, I'll do it - I'll see a text or a message, be in the middle of something, and think "I'll get back to that later", and then just forget about it.

I'm sure it's equally annoying when I do it, but it's not a conscious effort to be evasive, I just have other stuff going on.

• Paid Members

I'm going back on the online dating bandwagon after eight months of single misery. That misery is boring and I'm ready to have a different type again.

My new profile picture is a cropped photo of me holding a Fray Bentos pie with the pie removed. I see nothing but great success here .

I may try eharmony again at some point to see if there is still no one on the entire planet who I am compatible with.

Edited by Gus Mears

Top tip from my short lived life as a top Tinderer. The spinny bow tie Frank Butcher Gif is a great ice breaker/indicator for quality of opponent. If she don't got no love for the greatest image of all time then she's clearly not one night stand material.

I'm trying again with the ex. She's a fine young lady and she gave me a bastard. I told her about my minor discretions in my short term singledom and she's learning to live with it. 

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

I told her about my minor discretions in my short term singledom and she's learning to live with it. 

But at least you and Kat can still be mates ;)

In seriousness, it's very nice to hear that you are both willing to give it a go, especially with a little one involved if I read that correctly. All the best with it mate, getting back with an ex can be graft, but definitely do-able if you're both still fond of each other. Good Luck man.

That's nice to hear. I'm going through a divorce after 8 years together, but we still sleep together sometimes which makes things a hundred times worse, but kind of gives us hope. But as of now, our relationship will never work but maybe one day we'll be in a different place. Who knows? 

But at the same time, we both have to let go now, because us together is just toxic (well, I am)

as long as my girls are happy, I'm not bothered. I don't like being on my own, but the thought of having to go through the whole 'getting to know each other/divulging secrets/ intimacy etc' just doesn't do anything for me.

I really can't be arsed with the whole dating thing. I'm happy with my books ;)

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Steve Justice said:

I concur with that. I broke up with the mother of my son for 5 years. We got back together in 2004, and we are celebrating our 8th wedding anniversary today. 

I know it's a bit corny, but some things are worth fighting for. You both need to cut out the shit and put the effort in.

See it worked for Steve. And he did 'the worst thing ever', that was so bad he won't even tell us what it was.

I still really want to know, Steve, you tease!