The Relationship Thread

Ron&Hermione

• Paid Members

Ok, here's one where I need a little help...

I've been talking to this guy online and he's way out of my league so I was wondering why he'd be talking to me but I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Anyway, after literally just 48 hours of chatting, he starts sending me these really long messages and they weren't his usual way of talking (e.g. he's not  the best speller). So, being the suspicious old fart that I am, I C&Pd them into Google. And he's ripping these paragraphs straight from pickupguide.com in a section called "How To Lay Girls" 😆

So, do I play along or call him out and block him?

Edited by Monkee

• Paid Members

How far should I take it, i.e. what's my ultimate goal? I really don't think I can get him to take a photo with the sign about dog meat though as I don't even know now if he is who is actually in his pictures. I need to go on Google Images and do the reverse search to see what comes up but I can't do it on my phone.

Should I try and get him to agree to meet up, but then what?

*Edit: did the reverse image search and nothing came up so I'm none the wiser as to his identity.

Edited by Monkee

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Monkee said:

How far should I take it, i.e. what's my ultimate goal? I really don't think I can get him to take a photo with the sign about dog meat though as I don't even know now if he is who is actually in his pictures. I need to go on Google Images and do the reverse search to see what comes up but I can't do it on my phone.

Should I try and get him to agree to meet up, but then what?

*Edit: did the reverse image search and nothing came up so I'm none the wiser as to his identity.

Just tell him you know he's a creepy copypaste PUA guy and stop talking to him. Why waste so much time on an idiot?

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Monkee said:

he's way out of my league 

From now on, you're not allowed to say this.

If this guy is relying on c+p-ing sentences from PUA websites, then you shouldn't even be thinking it.

• Moderators

It's there any chance that he's not a scumbag PUA type and he was nervous and didn't know what to write?

I mean, clearly it's not the right way to go about things, and he's almost certainly no good for you right now Monkee. But just being honest without being mean about it might stop him being a total twat if he's not already too far gone down that route.

• Paid Members

@Chest Rockwell See, this is what I'm wondering. Is it offensive to think that good-looking people are so shallow that they they only go for other good-looking people? I just don't know what to think in this situation. He's been messaging a lot so he's obviously making the effort but I'm very wary that he's not who he says he is. Is it just me?!

Edited by Monkee

18 minutes ago, Monkee said:

Is it offensive to think that good-looking people are so shallow that they they only go for other good-looking people?

I remember reading this thing about how people are attracted to people who have similar facial qualities to themselves, not in a narcissistic way but something to do with that's the look you're most used to seeing.  Will try to dig it out.

And no more out of your league talk.  You are hereby only allowed to say it in a jocular Patrick Swayze style.  Altogether now "SHEEZ OUTTA MAH LEEHEEEG"

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

And no more out of your league talk.  You are hereby only allowed to say it in a jocular Patrick Swayze style.  Altogether now "SHEEZ OUTTA MAH LEEHEEEG"

That's one of my favourite songs. For obvious reasons 🙄

• Paid Members

I'd be tempted to play it out a bit more.  Like Chest says, he could just be very insecure and not actually know what to write. Heck I still don't know what the best thing is to write on a dating site other than the glaringly obvious.  But using a PUA website is a tad odd.  

Is there any way of replying so that he won't be able to refer back to it?

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Monkee said:

How do you mean?

Well, if I understand your post correctly, he's using all these "flash" paragraphs as if he's using them to reply to things you say.  Is there anything you could say that would trip him up perhaps? It might help you decide whether he is a complete tool or perhaps a tad naive. 

Edited by Azrall